The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Looking for a horse that is for sale CHEAP!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/looking-horse-sale-cheap-86227/)

DreamHorse21 05-10-2011 06:40 PM

Looking for a horse that is for sale CHEAP!!!

I am looking for a couple of horses that someone is saleing for cheap.. Can someone please write back and tell me some places that are either giving them away for is saleing them for cheap..

I live in Evergreen CO

Thanks
Brittany

Speed Racer 05-10-2011 06:51 PM

Why do they have to be cheap or free?

You do understand that the purchase price is the least amount of money you'll ever pay for a horse, don't you?

Most cheap or free horses need remedial training or just plain need to be trained because they don't know anything. Are you prepared to spend money to have them trained/retrained?

Oh, and the word is 'selling', not 'saleing'.

DreamHorse21 05-10-2011 07:15 PM

I train them myself but I understand where you are coming from... but at the sametime you could be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

myhorsesonador 05-10-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamHorse21 (Post 1029845)
I train them myself but I understand where you are coming from... but at the sametime you could be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

SR was being nice. No one on here is gonig to want to help you because we know absolutly nuthing about you.

Do you know any thing about horses? Do you have the knowlage to train a horse that could be wild as a hog?

SorrelHorse 05-11-2011 02:41 AM

Perhaps she wants a project horse?

To the OP, Can I ask how old you are and how much experience you've had?

DreamHorse21 05-11-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorrelHorse (Post 1030248)
Perhaps she wants a project horse?

To the OP, Can I ask how old you are and how much experience you've had?

Posted via Mobile Device

DreamHorse21 05-11-2011 05:13 PM

Here is some info on me.. I am 21 years old and I have been riding horses sense I was 8 years old. My mom has been riding sense she was 7 so I have been around horses all my life. We have a big farm here in Evergreeb Colorado and we have 10 horses, 3 of them are mine. We have other animals on the farm too. I have done roping and barrel racing for about 2 years now and I used to be in a horse 4h club. All my horses I have trained, my mustang I did need some help training him. I'm not saying that I am a good trainer, so I am sorry if that's the way I said it. The reason I was asking for a cheap or a free horse is because I know that sometimes the older the horse the cheaper it is and I am looking for a mellow horse for my 8 year old sister to own and to ride and have in the 4h club she is in. 2 of my horses do not like kids riding them and I can't seem to fix that which is why they are having another trainer work with them as I watch and learn how she does it and my mustang is to fast for her, he is the one I rope and barrel race with.

So again I am sorry for sounding like a know it all.. if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.
Posted via Mobile Device

equus717 05-11-2011 05:14 PM

What are your plans for the horses? Are you going to retrain them so that you can sell them for a higher price? Most people here are looking for forever homes for their horses that they may be selling. I know I am on one of mine. At least someone who I hope would keep her forever.

farmpony84 05-11-2011 05:20 PM

It's hard to find a cheap horse that is child safe. Even with an older one you are probably looking at a couple grand. What is "cheap" for you?

equus717 05-11-2011 05:22 PM

I know I have one but she isn't for sale but I have been offered 1500.00 for her. I have another one that I lead my boys around on. I have looked at some and you are talking any where from 1500 to 4000 for a kid broke horse.