The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   critique my position please :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-my-position-please-86339/)

beauforever23 05-11-2011 08:48 PM

critique my position please :)

2 Attachment(s)
Looking for a critique on my position and on my horse. I have such a bad problem looking down and I really need to fix that. I know about the no helmet and no shoes but, I had sandals on and before I took them off well my leg and foot were terrible...

Attachment 63578
Before I took my flip flops off :shock:

Attachment 63580
after i took them off.

HorseLife97 05-11-2011 08:52 PM

Your Feet Are Too Far Back And Your seat is a little too far foward. Your Elbows are too far foward And Your Hands Dont have a angle too them like they are expose to.

beauforever23 05-11-2011 08:55 PM

Thanks.... I am trying to work on that....

Hidalgo13 05-11-2011 08:59 PM

Sit more back, you lean forward just a bit too much. :wink: Sit tall with your shoulders pulled back and try to act as if you were the proudest rider ever. :D Look up more, (but that will also happen more naturally if you sit up strait). Lift your hands a little more over the horses neck (they're just a tad low) and bend your elbows more and bring them a little closer to you (not too much but enough to have more rein contact). There should be a strait line from the reins to your elbows. Imagine your lower arm is the extension of your reins.

Besides all that, you seem to be nicely soft and relaxed on the horse's horses back. :D Hope this helped.

Hidalgo13 05-11-2011 08:59 PM

Oh Horselife you posted right before me. Darn I take too long to write. :/

RedTree 05-11-2011 09:05 PM

I find riding with boots is actually easier, your foot (well mine anyway lol) sits where it's ment to, it does slip a bit.
When you dont have boots on you grip with your toes which is what it looks like your doing, so the stirrup sits to far forward.
I have only ridden with at shoes at the beach though.

Also from the pictures your hands are turned out the wrong way, like your driving a motorbike, turn them up so your thumb is in top.

Your leaning forward, you have to sit back on your tailbone and stay on it. Bring your bum more under yourself, it looks like your about to slid off the other side lol

Your arms are to far forward but if you correct your seat they may just come on it's self.

beauforever23 05-11-2011 09:07 PM

thanks it did help. I have a big problem with my position in my riding. I am working on fixing it though

HorseLife97 05-11-2011 09:07 PM

Haha Its ok. You explained better than me Hidalgo. Oh and like Hildago said about the straight line. you want a straight line from you shoulders too elbow too feet

beauforever23 05-11-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedTree (Post 1031128)
I find riding with boots is actually easier, your foot (well mine anyway lol) sits where it's ment to, it does slip a bit.
When you dont have boots on you grip with your toes which is what it looks like your doing, so the stirrup sits to far forward.
I have only ridden with at shoes at the beach though.

Also from the pictures your hands are turned out the wrong way, like your driving a motorbike, turn them up so your thumb is in top.

Your leaning forward, you have to sit back on your tailbone and stay on it. Bring your bum more under yourself, it looks like your about to slid off the other side lol

Your arms are to far forward but if you correct your seat they may just come on it's self.

I agree riding with boots is 10x easier. I just forgot to put my boots on before I left the house and it was too nice out for me to be willing to put them on. :rofl:

I am definitely going to be fixing my hands starting tomorrow, I never noticed them until it was pointed out. thank you.

Hidalgo13 05-11-2011 09:14 PM

No problemo. :) Your little mistakes will quickly improve since they are somewhat almost all related to each other. When you sit up straighter your head will naturally look up more, you will also then be able to feel how forward you arms are and pull them back more, and etc etc etc... :)