The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Cleaning Poll Revised (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/cleaning-poll-revised-86396/)

starlinestables 05-12-2011 03:54 PM

Cleaning Poll Revised

I messed up my other poll so here is the new one!

starlinestables 05-12-2011 03:59 PM

I wanted to add.. if you choose option b.. yes you could clean the stall yourself.

Alwaysbehind 05-12-2011 04:04 PM

In your other posts you were talking about lowering the number of options you had to make book keeping easier. How will this help that?

mls 05-12-2011 04:07 PM

There is not an option I would vote on.

So do you skip feeding the horses on the days you don't clean stalls?

starlinestables 05-12-2011 04:37 PM

We NEVER skip feeding... We would either feed them with feed bags or bring half them in to feed and then turn back out and then we still throw out piles of hay.

Book keeping... the stall cleaning debate isn't going to effect that. If majority of people say they'd rather pay the extra $20, I'll just raise board $20. Pretty simple. However yes, book keeping does get worse the more horses you have. I am looking into adding a shopping cart system to make it a little easier.

I don't know why people are offended by the $20 cost... its not like that's an extra $20 in my pocket, that's just what it cost in materials and labor.

jyuukai 05-12-2011 11:10 PM

I would pay the extra $20. It's just $20. However, I would be more than happy to leave my horse out any number of nights a week as long as they were in if bad weather was expected. When I had a stall for my horse she was out 24/7 much of spring and fall. She came in during the day in summer when temps were above 90F and she came in at night when temps were to fall below 50F.
I worked at that barn, and so it helped to not have to clean stalls on some of those days for some of those horses. I don't know how much it saved the barn owner in the long run, though.

beauforever23 05-13-2011 01:27 AM

I would pay the extra $20. Again i'd rather have my horses' stall cleaned 7 days a week and yeah the not cleaning just 1 day, would turn me away from a barn

Alwaysbehind 05-13-2011 09:09 AM

If you are going to charge extra for 7 day per week cleaning are you going to give the boarders a credit on those occasions that you do leave the horses out over night (when you are trying to make up turn out time for example) and you do not have to clean their stalls?

Do you not clean stalls 7 days per week now?

gypsygirl 05-13-2011 09:13 AM

if i were you i would give the boarders no option. just start cleaning the stalls everyday and raise board $20.

starlinestables 05-13-2011 11:48 AM

Yes, generally speaking we clean stalls 7 days a week. However, they've been couped up the last 3 days because of storms and muddy pastures. If it drys up today, we will clean stalls and they'll go out all weekend. Right now I check with the boarders before I do that.. and they love it.

By saying we won't clean stalls 1 day a week means the stall stays clean. Not we leave them filled with poo for a day. Actually we bed back the stalls on the day they stay out so the barn smells like fresh pine and is spotless. :o)