The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   newbie! (with questions) (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/newbie-questions-86467/)

Indigosblue 05-13-2011 01:32 AM

newbie! (with questions)

Hi!
I've been reading posts for a while now here, and i figured i might as well say hi.:-) I also have lots of questions, but I've never posted before, so i figured i'd start here!
I currently don't have a horse, mine sadly passed away last Christmas... She was a Fjord/QH cross and the best friend anyone could ever want. I am now currently looking to buy another horse, but i have lots of questions, mainly about OTTB horses.... lol big change!
I'm currently leasing an OTTB and a morgan, and i am having trouble deciding which way to go... I need more info. on TB's in general, so i'm wondering of i should post in the breed section? I want to know more about nutrition and hooves, as well as impact of race-track training, so i'm not sure where to start!
sorry for the long-winded into.!

gaelgirl 05-14-2011 12:20 AM

Welcome! I'm sorry I can't help you with your tb questions, because I know almost nothing about ottbs. But good luck, and yes, I'd post your questions in the horse breeds section. There are many people on here with ottbs and I'm sure they could help you.

Indigosblue 05-14-2011 12:52 AM

ok, thanks!
I've been riding her for awhile, and she's doesn't act like an OTTB at all, but i'd still like more info.! I've only been riding very easy keepers (well, except for my mare who died....) so the prospect of caring properly for a TB is sorta new, and i really want to get it right!

horseloverd2 05-15-2011 01:20 AM

Welcome! Unfortunately, I don't know anything about OTTB horses either but I do wish you the best of luck getting useful information!

Indigosblue 05-15-2011 02:01 AM

thanks!