The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Looking for Barrel Racers in NE OH (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/looking-barrel-racers-ne-oh-86598/)

equiniphile 05-14-2011 07:15 PM

Looking for Barrel Racers in NE OH

So, my mom and I have made a deal that if she sells her 3 miniatures, she can buy a barrel horse. We're building two additional stalls so we will have 5 stalls, and 5 horses if we sell the minis and buy a barrel horse. I'm not sure on her price range; all she wants is a stocky QH or Paint, a "kick-a$$ barrel horse," as she puts it lol. Definitely under 5k, probably more like 3k and under. I've only found two so far that I'm really impressed with:

TALENTED REGISTERED AQHA 2D BARREL AND POLE MARE! DONT MISS OUT! - Kabris Gray Kid
Burn Three--"Red" on this page

What do you think? Feel free to post others.

equiniphile 05-14-2011 07:40 PM

Found a few more:

1st division barrel and pole horse, enters the arena very calmly - Billy
Beautiful Joe Tee/Harlan bred mare - Photo Joe
GORGEOUS '00 black incentive fund appendix mare. - T M Lasso My Shadow aka ?Brit?

equiniphile 05-15-2011 05:51 PM

Daily bump

equiniphile 05-16-2011 07:36 PM

Anyone have any input?

Iseul 05-16-2011 08:36 PM

For the money and training on the horses, I think the 1D gelding "Billy" would probably be your best bet and the best for the money spent.
I would definitely stay away from the last mare you posted..her feet look really bad in the one photo, from what I can see.
And "Red" seems like he takes his barrels a little wide from what I saw in the video (I like the horses I ride in closer, but some like their's a bit wider). If you mom wants to take some time to get him in a little closer (not so much that he takes out a barrel), or she likes him like that he would be decent too.
I would vote on going to check Red and Billy out. But since she wants a "kick-ass barrel horse", I would probably go with Billy, as he's apparently placing in 1D, whereas Red is only placing in 4D.

equiniphile 05-17-2011 06:25 AM

Thanks for your input, Iseul. I'm leaning towards going to look at the first mare, Kabris Gray Kid, and Billy. I like the fact that Kid is registered and has reining training on her, and I like how well Billy seems to be doing on the pattern. I'll talk to my mom and see what she thinks.