Status
Not open for further replies.

Step-by-Step Directions for applying MTG

10K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  G and K's Mom 
#1 ·
It would be greatly appreciated!

:D

#5 ·
My two mares have short tails (so....on their tails). But, I'm kind of worried because I have a grey mare and she ALWAYS wants to be a brown horse (she rolls in the mud ALL the time, haha). But, I'll try just applying it and see if there are any results.

Thanks for the advice! :D

#6 ·
Guess it depends on where you are applying it. For the tail I do little parts in the hair and dribble the mtg on and rub. Keep shaking the bottle it settles really fast. I start at the top doing little parts rubbing it into the tail bone all the way down to the tip of the bone.
Then I just brush it really good.
For the mane I dribble it along the crest and rub it in really good. Again finish with a good brushing.
I don't do any wrapping.
For a rain rot or skin problem I just put a little on the spot.

#8 ·
I have an appy, so i know what you're talking about with short tails. I would shake up the bottle, and apply it only to the tail bone. I'd rub it in (i do wear gloves), then i lightly brush it, & put it into a light braid. After i finish braiding it, i loop the tail through where i started the braid a couple times. Then i vet wrap her tail (I don't vet wrap her tail bone) I use a whole roll, but that's because i don't have any scissors handy.

I do that when the vet wrap looks really ratty.

Vega's tail have grown a lot since I've been doing it. AKPaintlover, was the one who told me how to do it, and i love it!

#9 ·
Good luck! I've been putting MTG on my horse cut mane for 2nd week, but so far no results. :) May be just not long enough yet.

#10 ·
My horse's pasture mate tore out chunks of his tail, so I've been using MTG for about a month. Here's some tips I've learned:

Don't apply it every day! I did this at first (oops!) until others on this forum told me to only apply it weekly. After I starting applying weekly, I noticed new hair growth in about 1 week.

Dirt + MTG = Goo. Yeah, after a while, the MTG and dirt (my mostly white Paint rolls a lot too!) will kind of build-up in the hair. I've just been brushing it out, but there's still some residue. We had one hot, sunny day, so I gave him a full rear-end wash and then re-started the MTG treatment.

Since it sounds like you're going for length, I would also recommend to braid/tail bag it or do AKPaintLover/Appylover's trick with the Vetwrap!

Also, I find that I wash my hands really well, immediately after applying the MTG, the smell comes off my hands well enough to not smell like Bacon on a BBQ all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.