The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Trailering. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/trailering-86790/)

Iseul 05-16-2011 11:17 PM

Trailering.

What time does everyone normally pull out?
We normally pull out with an extra half hour added to the time it would normally take us to get to a show with 15 minutes for tacking before exhibitions. This Saturday we're pulling out at 6 for a show up in Franklin, PA. I'm dreading having to get up at 4 to leave at 4.30 to drive 45 minutes to my barn to load up and then a 2 hour ride to the show, lol.
Buy anywho, does anyone give themselves more or less time to haul/tack?
Just curious. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseOfCourse 05-16-2011 11:22 PM

On show days I get up between 3 and 4, get the horses ready and loaded, check the equipment, then leave. It takes about 30 minutes for all that then 10ish minutes to get to the show, then the show starts at 8.. The halter/showmanship classes are first so idk about tacking.
Posted via Mobile Device

gizpeptig 05-17-2011 05:05 PM

Depends on how long it is to get to the show. I aim to get to shows 1 hour before they start so I have a nice window in case anything happens

kmdstar 05-19-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizpeptig (Post 1037831)
Depends on how long it is to get to the show. I aim to get to shows 1 hour before they start so I have a nice window in case anything happens

This is what I like to do so I give my horse a little time to settle in and hopefully get a good parking spot!

Iseul 05-19-2011 11:23 PM

I agree, good parking spots are a MUST, lol. I dint enjoy having to walk half a mile to my horse, haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

MyBoyPuck 05-22-2011 11:02 PM

I try to get there an hour before my first ride time. I've tried it with less time, but just felt too rushed. My horse takes forever to warm up.

kitten_Val 05-23-2011 01:47 PM

Folks, how do you know WHEN is the ride time?

VelvetsAB 05-23-2011 03:17 PM

Depends on when the show starts and where we are going. We had a show last weekend that was down the 401 (big highway, lots of traffic), so we left the barn at 5:40 to beat all the traffic. The show was an hour away, so we got there 1.5 hours before the show started. It was better though, because leaving much later would have put us right close to rush hour.

Some shows we leave earlier, some we leave later....

Iseul 05-23-2011 04:02 PM

Kitten, do you mean when the show starts? We always have show bills that tell us when warm up/exhibitions start, and when the actual classes start..If that's what you were asking?
We left at 6.40 on Saturday for our show that was an hour and a half away..we got there 40 minutes early for exhibition and had about 20 minutes after registration and everything to warm up :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Alwaysbehind 05-23-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1044022)
Folks, how do you know WHEN is the ride time?

Dressage shows you are given a ride time.