The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Farm Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-forum/)
-   -   Buying the farm (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-forum/buying-farm-86886/)

KatieQ 05-18-2011 09:55 AM

Buying the farm

Just had to share this as I am so excited I can barely stand it. We have been given the opportunity to buy 10 acres of the farm where my horses live. A very good deal, and it includes a HUGE barn which we are hoping to convert into a house & workshop. There is also a pad for a double-wide mobile home, which will be the floor for my new barn, and a huge field out back. Well, septic and hydro are already in place which makes everything a lot easier plus it's a beautiful property- fruit trees, excellent soil (but some drainage problems). Gonna be very busy for a while, it looks like!:D

iridehorses 05-18-2011 09:57 AM

Excellent! Good luck with your purchase.

Indyhorse 05-18-2011 02:42 PM

Congrats!

equus717 05-18-2011 02:55 PM

Congrats

MHFoundation Quarters 05-18-2011 03:04 PM

Congrats!

KatieQ 11-02-2011 10:14 AM

Okay, so it took a while but the deal is done. We take possession Jan 1 and move in next spring. It's going to be hard work but it's a great deal because we are doing a straight trade for our house (which is nothing special- 2 bdrm on 1/2 acre). Our new horse barn is nearly finished and they are in their stalls. Now we have to get busy on the barn/house conversion which will be the BIG job!

Saddlebag 11-02-2011 11:56 PM

Whew, so glad you really did buy an acreage. When you said you bought the farm I tho't someone had passed away.

KatieQ 11-03-2011 10:18 AM

Haha no but I thought I would before this ever happened!

FlyGap 11-03-2011 12:58 PM

Congrats! I know how nerve racking it can be! We got into a bidding war on our farm. 80 acres and a cool but TOTALLY outdated house. Finally won but it took us a year to gut the house and move in! Two years later we are still missing trim and kitchen cabinet doors :( I don't care, we got out of a flood plain, no more 2am emergency evacuations!
Hang in there!

usandpets 11-03-2011 01:16 PM

Congrats! We hoped to do the same, buy a farm, but couldn't work things out. Instead, we rented a farmstead. No buildings or anything. Just a well, sewer and the land. Never thought it would be so much work just getting it ready for the horses and moving a trailer there. It'll be great once things are finally done.
Posted via Mobile Device