The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Just a little note.... (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/just-little-note-86892/)

starlinestables 05-18-2011 12:08 PM

Just a little note....

I just wanted to thank everyone for their opinions and participation in the recent polls and threads I've posted, and in the ones that will follow. It is very helpful and I value everyone's opinions.

My barn has been open 2 1/2 years and during that time it's been constantly changing and improving. We also work ourselves to death (especially my husband who works nights and then goes to the barn and builds till he goes home and goes to bed) so that we have a nice, affordable boarding and training business. We built a 62 acre facility from scratch... welded together our barn, our stalls, our saddle racks, bridle racks, pipe fencing... put in our electric, plumbing, septic almost entirely by ourselves with our son in tow.

In additional to being a new barn owner, I'm also 25 and my husband is 27. I'm sooo extremely proud of the fact that we both come from normal, middle class families and managed to build a horse facility and then triple in size in 2 years! I'm 25 and about to have my own indoor arena.. how cool is that?! I'm so very blessed to be where I am, with the best husband and son anyone could ever ask for.

With as much as we've done and accomplished, I realize that I still have sooooo much to learn about this business! There are more boarding facilities in a 50 mile radius than there are McDonald's!!! They all offer such a wide variety of facilities and services which is why I've needed you all. You guys have helped a lot whether your comments were good or bad, I've greatly appreciated your honesty. The feedback I get from here definitely helps me shape our ever growing business.

Thank you!:D