The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Working Student Position in Germany! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/working-student-position-germany-87006/)

georgiay 05-19-2011 04:11 PM

Working Student Position in Germany!

I am so excited, I got a working student position at an eventing barn in Germany! I live in Canada and I'm just so ridiculously excited that I figured I would post it here where people actually understand my horsey excitement!

I applied to a lot of places to get any type of job I could, because I didn't think many people would choose me when they get dozens of applicants but pick only 1. And I ended up gettinga few offers which absolutely shocked me, because although I love horses and am a decent rider, I have absolutely no show experience to back up my riding, and only volunteer experience to back up my horse care.

I was about to accept an offer the other day and while I was looking up information about the town it was in and things, I got a message from the one I applied to in Germany, and they said that they had many applicants older and more experienced than me, but had a good feeling about me and thought I seemed so keen to learn and brave to move out to Germany for 6 months at least and picked me.

I am soo excited, sorry about the long happy rant, I just need to get it out somehow:)

laurarachelle 05-19-2011 04:39 PM

WOW congrats!!!! There are a lot of German workers here at Spruce, it's really cool to be able to meet people from all over the world.
When are you going??? Where else did you apply? I hadn't thought of doing anything like that, but it sounds like a really cool opportunity!

georgiay 05-20-2011 09:56 AM

Thanks so much! I'm going June 15, flight is booked!

I applied at tons of places. I am a I have a dual Canadian/UK citizenship so am able to work anywhere in Canada and the EU, so basically I went on yardandgroom.com, and anywhere in those places that had a working student position, groom, rider, camp instructor etc. positions available I applied to. You should do it, I've heard back from so many, it's been great all the replies you get!

laurarachelle 05-20-2011 12:18 PM

I just discovered that site after I saw your thread yesterday! Looks cool, maybe I'll consider it for next summer!
Are you in school? Six months seems like such a long time!

MajesticSpirit 05-20-2011 02:26 PM

Congrats!
It sounds like you have an awesome opportunity ahead of you, it will be very exciting! Everyone must be very proud of you! :D