The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   tattoo...what to get...help, ideas needed (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/tattoo-what-get-help-ideas-needed-8718/)

jazzyrider 05-08-2008 03:21 AM

tattoo...what to get...help, ideas needed

well ive wanted a tattoo for ages and with all the talk on here lately ive decided to quit being scared of the needles piercing my skin and go ahead and get one. a friend of mines sister is a tattooist and she is coming to visit in a few weeks and said she will do it for me.

i have a dilemma though. i was thinking about getting a head shot of each of my babies fully detailed, coloured etc so it looks just like them but then i got worrie about woosing out and only wanting the outline done lol that wont be that special then :) so then i was thinking about getting some really simple, beautiful horse done with the names of my guys around it. but i dont know so, im opening the floor for suggestions :) if anyone has any pics or anything of things that might be cool please post them ;) or any ideas for design and stuff that would be great. im not so good at being creative enough to design something that is going to be stuck on my body for the rest of my life :)

JustDressageIt 05-08-2008 02:24 PM

What about a smaller tattoo with just your horses' heads?

appylover31803 05-08-2008 02:55 PM

I like the idea of getting a picture of a horse and then their names around it.

Or even a horse shoe with their names in it. Let me show you what i mean.

Ok sorry that you can't really see the names in red. I tried changing it but couldn't. But that's just another idea.

http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/21...y_Tattoo_1.jpg

Ok just thought of something. I like that picture of the horse head, and instead of having a horse shoe around it, have their names be the horse shoe. Oh! that sounds like something I want to do!

free_sprtd 05-08-2008 03:22 PM

Well, don't think about the needles peircing your skin, just think of it poking the outside of your skin. when i got mine done, i half fainted and threw up with just the first 10 minutes.....BECAUSE i had so many nerves built up, that my adrenaline was up, ect. Plus I didnt eat much before hand, which you're supposed to do! just in case you get woosy, keep energy bars around, maybe some bananas, something with sugar. That helped me when i got woosy. they gave me an energy bar and i laid down for about 5-10 minutes, and then i felt better and put up with it for the next hour and half. it will be ok!! don't worry :D .

sorry can't think of any designs :lol:

PoptartShop 05-08-2008 03:30 PM

Aww that sounds like a cool idea. :D
If you aren't wanting a lot of pain lol like I said before- the smaller the better, um...maybe just get a horse's head? :D

Dumas'_Grrrl 05-08-2008 03:59 PM

Have your friend do a test run with a dry gun so you can get the "feel" first. It only takes a few pokes 5-10. The guy that did mine did that for me because it was my first. Once I felt that I was able to relax. Its not really that bad. Mine is smack between my shoulder blades so I didn't really have any "close to the surface" bones to go over. It only got tender right next to the shoulder blades, but it was totally tolerable.

Good luck! :D

Vidaloco 05-08-2008 04:39 PM

http://www.thehorseknowstheway.com/picts/eponalogo.jpg
I like this one

jazzyrider 05-08-2008 06:12 PM

JDI - thats what i was thinking of i got my guys heads. the smaller it is the quicker it will be over lol ;)

appy - i loooooove that horse head :D and the idea. do you think you could post that picture of the horse without the shoe around it?? ir, i could have the horse with the little pics of my guys in there and there names. hmmm, something to think about but i really like that horse head ;)

free - i dont know why im worried about it. although ive taken them out now i went through a stage where i got everything pierced except my unmentionables and didnt have any probs but i figure one needle is quicker than heaps over and over again lol but i will make sure i eat well and dont get too worked up ;)

dumas - i will definitely ask if she can do that too :) get me all ready for it ;)

vida - i love that one. very yin-yang :) i dont think that will be my main one but i wouldnt mind getting it somewhere else on my body :)

so for those of you who have got a tattoo where is it and did it hurt a lot? lol im thinking about getting it between my shoulder blades too but there isnt a lot covering my backbone so im worried about that. i also thought about getting it on my lower back but i have a huuuuuge scar there from an operation when i was a baby and someone said getting a tattoo over a scar hurt heaps.

tim 05-08-2008 06:45 PM

Well my brothers ex has a tattoo of her grandmothers handwriting on her hip. It's really cool.

I know your dad passed away and I can't remember exactly but I think you already got a tattoo dedicated to him?

If not though, it would be really cool to find something that he wrote that means a lot to you and get a tattoo of it in his handwriting just like it looks on paper.

PoptartShop 05-08-2008 07:16 PM

Wow that sounds pretty cool. Yeah...something meaningful sounds nice!