The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   I need some honest opinions on WP outfit. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/i-need-some-honest-opinions-wp-87399/)

morabhobbyhorse 05-24-2011 06:59 PM

I need some honest opinions on WP outfit.

2 Attachment(s)
I know I've mentioned before that I want to do some WP shows at the barn where Sienna is staying by the end of summer. I've found out all kind of great things for her, but I wanted to show what I've 'treasure' hunted for so far. Am I being terribly outdated? I mean I'm an older woman and just want to do this for fun, but don't want to look foolish.

That's the best pic I can get of the Justin boots because eBay doesn't make it easy for you to steal pictures, LOL and I just won these for $34.01. The jacket has 3 sterling silver buttons that didn't show well in the picture, but anyway you can get an idea.

Thanks, Cheryl

churumbeque 05-24-2011 07:11 PM

I think the boots are fine. The jacket does look a bit dated and Christmasy though

churumbeque 05-24-2011 07:12 PM

I think the shirt with out the jackt looks better. What color is your horse?

morabhobbyhorse 05-24-2011 07:23 PM

she's a bay, and my tack is black. Well with red conchos I made on the brow, and green ones on the bit. I guess you could say red, green and black are my favorite colors, but I was hoping the black would be predominant because of my weight, and also her gorgeous black mane and tail.
Oh, LOL, now I can't quite laughing, I looked at the jacket just now and ALL I can see is Christmasy. I've not had a tree since I moved in this apartment so this year, I'll put lights on the jacket!!!!!! Oh my, I never thought of me in a slinky without something covering it up. However, I've lost 20 lbs in three months, so just need to keep that up. Thanks so much. So now what do I get to wear with the slinky?

VelvetsAB 05-24-2011 07:28 PM

What about a vest?

Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Zip Me Vest

churumbeque 05-24-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VelvetsAB (Post 1045544)

You took the words right out of my mouth.

morabhobbyhorse 05-24-2011 07:34 PM

Oh, because I never thought of that, LOL. I guess having shown EE and WP as a teen I was trying to combine the look Maybe. That's a great idea, thanks, I'll go to the link.

morabhobbyhorse 05-24-2011 07:41 PM

Oh what a cool idea, I just went and looked. I love the black but I don't think I'll be able to get into it :-( And that would look great. But they only have up to L left, and I just measured my bust, and that won't work. But it doesn't mean I can't find one used on eBay or somewhere else.

VelvetsAB 05-24-2011 07:48 PM

They had another black vest....it just wasn't in their clearance section.

ETA: but apparently they don't have the right size for it either.

morabhobbyhorse 05-24-2011 07:54 PM

Oh I didn't know I was in their clearance section although I saw it was marked down. I'll go back and look again, thank you.