The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   I don't know why i like this saddle. Thoughts? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/i-dont-know-why-i-like-87408/)

ponyjocky 05-24-2011 08:54 PM

I don't know why i like this saddle. Thoughts?

im looking to save up about $700 for a nice leather saddle but i really really am drawn to this one. I do show jumping and hunters, even when i jump high i like very close contact saddles.

i read a review that said its price does not reflect its quality.

how do you feel about this saddle?

Paris Tack Close Contact Saddle

upnover 05-25-2011 09:42 AM

That saddle doesn't look horrible in the picture, but it's hard to tell unless you look at it in person. And I find that with saddles you often get what you pay for. Yes, there are some brands that are quality for the price but $700 can get you a really fantastic used saddle. I say go for that. I think you'd be much much happier in the long run.

corinowalk 05-25-2011 10:26 AM

Paris Tack Close Contact Saddle Close Contact Saddles Reviews @ Horse Tack Review

It isn't getting great reviews.

gigem88 05-25-2011 11:16 AM

I agree with upnover. A good used would be better in the long run.

Speed Racer 05-25-2011 11:26 AM

I agree with everyone else. It doesn't look like very good quality, and I think you should try and look for a good used leather one.

You can find bargains out there on really good saddles if you're persistent. I just bought a used Stubben Siegfried for $450.00.

This isn't the first cheap saddle you've been 'drawn to', and I recall we nixed the others as well.

crimsonsky 05-25-2011 11:32 AM

if the quality of their bridles is any indication, i would stay away from their saddles. i bought a paris tack bridle for a new horse and it lasted all of a month before the stitching came out and pieces had to be replaced. i certainly believe in this case that you get what you pay for.

a nice used saddle would be the way to go, imo.

ponyjocky 05-25-2011 02:39 PM

every time i look at used saddles i wonder if the tree is damaged or it needs to be re stuffed. even good brand saddles look bad to me with allot of use. Right now im riding in a Circuit Dover saddle and i cant keep using it, i have big shows coming up and the saddle is 2 1/2 inches too big for me.

what about this?

Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com Henri de Rivel Club HDR All Purpose Saddle

what about this.

5 year tree warranty on it, and they

countercanter 05-25-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponyjocky (Post 1046349)
every time i look at used saddles i wonder if the tree is damaged or it needs to be re stuffed. even good brand saddles look bad to me with allot of use. Right now im riding in a Circuit Dover saddle and i cant keep using it, i have big shows coming up and the saddle is 2 1/2 inches too big for me.

what about this?

Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com Henri de Rivel Club HDR All Purpose Saddle

what about this.

5 year tree warranty on it, and they

HDRs are decent saddles for the price. I have a few friends that have one and they wear well. If you are a hunter though I would stay away from all pourpose saddles, the seats tend to be too deep. You should be looking for a close contact saddle.

Saddlebag 05-25-2011 05:33 PM

If you are jumping you are putting your life on the line with a cheap saddle. The way and english saddle is made, it's what you can't see that can be of low quality. I've dismantled both high end and cheap saddles and I can tell you the differences in quality were huge.

VelvetsAB 05-25-2011 06:06 PM

Saddlebag....I hope when I go saddle shopping (when I can afford a good one in 10 years) that you'll go with me. LOL