The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Leslie Law...? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/leslie-law-87547/)

VelvetsAB 05-26-2011 09:35 PM

Leslie Law...?

Has anyone taken a clinic with Leslie Law?

What did you think?

There is a clinic coming up nearby (well...2 hours away) and auditing is a great way to learn new things.

Since I technically ride hunters, I would be more interested in the show jumping portion of the clinic...

My Beau 05-26-2011 09:57 PM

Haven't ridden in or audited any of his clinics, but I've seen him at a lot of horsetrials over the years.

He's a great rider and always has a big string of horses with him - you definitely wouldn't harm youself in anyway by going to his clinic... he'd surely teach you something :)

Strange 05-26-2011 10:59 PM

I haven't ridden with him or audited him, but I've heard incredible things about him. I've heard he's a wonderful coach and really individualizes things for each student and makes concepts easier to understand so you can properly work through yours and your horse's issues. My coach took a few lessons with him a couple of years ago and really wants to do some more with her young upper level prospect when she next gets the chance. He was actually her pick to be selected as the next US coach, but as we know that didn't happen.

I definitely think it would be worth going to audit. In fact, I really want to go!

VelvetsAB 05-26-2011 11:02 PM

Thank you Beau and Strange. :)

He is one of several clinics eventing Canada is offering in this area...

Do you think I can find a hunter clinic though? Of course not! LOL.

Strange 05-26-2011 11:04 PM

It's a sign! You should obviously start eventing!

writer23 05-26-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange (Post 1047616)
It's a sign! You should obviously start eventing!

Or move to BC! lol

VelvetsAB 05-26-2011 11:22 PM

Honestly, I would love to event, but that would require a million hours with a dressage coach. LOL

MIEventer 05-26-2011 11:56 PM

Why would you move to B.C? Eventing is dead there with a capital D.

My Bestie cliniqued with Leslie last year, she rides and competes Prelim. I was her groom and I didn't like him very much. He's very pompus. I wasn't impressed. I wouldn't spend the money to ride under him, but that's me.

VelvetsAB 05-27-2011 12:30 AM

Good to know. Thanks MIE. :)

gigem88 05-27-2011 09:08 AM

I went to one of his clinics this past April. He was fabulous! I have my sisters old QH that she use to event on, so I decided to give it a try. Coming from a western riding background, he made me feel welcomed and not "inferior" because I did western pleasure. He was a very good instructor, kind, patient and very helpful. To hear him talk about his olympic riding was great too! Go for it!