The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Wintec Saddles (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/wintec-saddles-8756/)

appylover31803 05-09-2008 01:54 PM

Wintec Saddles

I've been thinking a lot lately about selling my Ovation Close Contact saddle and buying a Wintec. I like the fact that you can change the gullet on the wintec. ( i think my saddle doesn't fit Vega anymore.. not sure if it ever fit her well)

But then i have NO idea what kind of saddle to get. I don't want an AP. And i don't if i want another close contact, or if i should go for a different kind.

As of right now I'm not really riding her, just doing a lot of ground work with her. I do want to teach her to jump soon, so would i be better off getting a jumping or eventing saddle? I'll also be doing flatwork when i'm not jumping her, so i want something that won't make my flatwork look horrible.

I was looking at this one, basically because it's a nice light brown color.
http://www.horseloverz.com/WINTEC-Cl...pr-177296.html

I've ridden in a Wintec before and find it comfy, but i would want to do a trial on the saddle anyway, just to make sure i like it. and that it fits Vega well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh! How much should i sell my ovation for? I've had it for a little over a year, it only has a little wear on it (mainly where the stirrup leathers were. I keep it at home, with a saddle cover on it. It's also on a saddle stand. I could get pictures of it if needed. I think i got it for around $900-$1000.

kitten_Val 05-09-2008 02:18 PM

Appy, don't want to scare you away, but... :) Good friend of mine just had accident with English wintec, which splitted into two half right when he was riding in field. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to see it, but he said it was pretty unforgettable feeling riding horse with fall apart saddle. Lol!

I do own AP one and so far can't complain... :)

appylover31803 05-09-2008 02:21 PM

well what about the Bates? I saw one (in my Dover Saddlery catalog) and loved it! Basically i just want a saddle that i can change the gullet that won't break the bank.

I'll also check out e-bay when i have decided on a saddle.. i've never bought any tack from e-bay so i'm sure that's going to be an adventure :?

I do appreciate your comment Kitten! I'd hate to sell my saddle, just to get one that splits in half!

SonnyWimps 05-09-2008 02:41 PM

I love the Wintec...I have ridden in the AP, dressage, and jumpers and like them all. I perfer the AP to the dressage, jumpers, or CC

I've had no problems with the wintec and have never seen one break down.

If you are planning on just doing jumping them probably a jumping or eventers...if you are more going to do other stuff besides jumping ,I'd recommend an AP

Abby 05-09-2008 03:08 PM

The Wintec AP is much better than their CC as far as I am concerned.

appylover31803 05-09-2008 03:26 PM

why is that Abby?

Ugghh saddle shopping lol

PoptartShop 05-09-2008 04:08 PM

Yeah saddle shopping is not that much fun. lol!
I think Wintecs are nice, comfy too!

Abby 05-09-2008 04:35 PM

When I was trying out Wintecs in a tack store, that I drove miles and miles to an didn't even find one I liked :roll: ... anyway when I tried it, it pushed my leg way to far back, which I thought was odd, I felt completely unbalanced and the saddle was sitting firmly on a rack, I couldn't even imagine riding in it. The AP did not have this problem though, and the dressage saddle pushed my leg too far forward, I found myself dragging it back into place a lot but it would be very comfortable and secure for flatwork.

appylover31803 05-09-2008 04:55 PM

Oh ok. Thanks!

Yeahh, i definitely want to try the saddle before i buy it, so i know that Vega and I both like the saddles.

I'm also looking into the Bates. They seem really nice too.

My2Geldings 05-10-2008 01:17 AM

Re: Wintec Saddles

Quote:

Originally Posted by appylover31803
I've been thinking a lot lately about selling my Ovation Close Contact saddle and buying a Wintec. I like the fact that you can change the gullet on the wintec. ( i think my saddle doesn't fit Vega anymore.. not sure if it ever fit her well)

But then i have NO idea what kind of saddle to get. I don't want an AP. And i don't if i want another close contact, or if i should go for a different kind.

As of right now I'm not really riding her, just doing a lot of ground work with her. I do want to teach her to jump soon, so would i be better off getting a jumping or eventing saddle? I'll also be doing flatwork when i'm not jumping her, so i want something that won't make my flatwork look horrible.

I was looking at this one, basically because it's a nice light brown color.
http://www.horseloverz.com/WINTEC-Cl...pr-177296.html

I've ridden in a Wintec before and find it comfy, but i would want to do a trial on the saddle anyway, just to make sure i like it. and that it fits Vega well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh! How much should i sell my ovation for? I've had it for a little over a year, it only has a little wear on it (mainly where the stirrup leathers were. I keep it at home, with a saddle cover on it. It's also on a saddle stand. I could get pictures of it if needed. I think i got it for around $900-$1000.

The link that you have posted is one of my first saddles. I have owned another synthetic saddle in the past, of all the ones I have seen this one was the best. It fit a lot of horses, tho it was never a perfect fit.

I still have it and keep it now only when breaking horses so they dont wreck my good saddles.

Would I buy another one? no, simply because leather saddles fit better, are more comfortable and look better.