The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Nmae my baby colt (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/nmae-my-baby-colt-87782/)

Missdv 05-29-2011 06:43 PM

Nmae my baby colt

My foal is almost here, was supposedly due last month. To catch up everyone, I posted a while ago about my mare being pregant when I bought her, didn't know until Feb, had the vet out and suprise!!! Anywho she didn't have the baby when the person who sold her to me said she would, still holding out, the mare bred around the same time had her colt yesterday(he is sooooo adorable, he'll be black, mom is bay) so she is next up and ready to explode, no milk yet.Just wanna know if anyone has any suggestions on a name, I'm hoping he's a Grey, but may be a bay. Oooops forgot, Arab with a mom who is crabbits/polish, born bay w/ 2 socks & blaze, daddy black( heterzygous, I think, it said bay or grey on genetic calculator). Anywho, I'm looking to name him(or her) an awesome name, and would like some suggestions, hoping he greys out but will need names for a bay also. I would like arab or poetic only,want his name to flow and be happy/joyful, would like silver in it if grey. Come on, I know you are all great lovers of horses and can come up with some great names for my first baby colt( unless hubby & farrier are wrong and need girl name). Thanks to all suggestions. : )

trailhorserider 05-30-2011 12:42 AM

I'm not great on names, but congrats on the soon-to-be baby!

I had my first-ever foal last year, and it turned out to be a gray colt! I named him Zane (it means God is gracious, and I figured if he grayed out, he could be Zane Gray, lol!).

My other name choice was Houdini. I thought Houdini was a cool name, and his nickname could have been Harry. :lol:

Houdini would have been great, because Zane was always rolling though the fence and escaping when he was little. But in truth, I new I would name him Zane before he was even born. I knew I could get a filly, but I just couldn't come up with any filly names I liked. It was like God new I wanted a gray colt and was gracious enough to give me one. So that's how my baby got his name. :-)

Hunter65 05-30-2011 11:19 AM

I have to wait til the foal is born and see picts before naming it.