The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   The best of the best (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/best-best-87792/)

IslandWave 05-29-2011 09:01 PM

The best of the best

I want to see great riders and horses. I want to take a break from watching YouTube videos of beginner riders, green horses, URDOINGITWRONG, myself riding, and mediocre, but correct trainers. Is there a video you've watched online that made you say outloud "Wow, now this is what dressage/other english or western discipline is supposed to look like!" Show me! :D
I would love to see a video of every riding discipline out there. I'm not really interested in seeing just ground work or just tack-less riding. I'm more interested in competition footage. But yeah, I don't know the names of any greats, so I'm eager to be shown who really excels at whatever they do. Thankses!

Hidalgo13 05-29-2011 09:05 PM

Oh I'm subscribing! Wanna see some intense riders as well!

pintophile 05-29-2011 09:20 PM

I know EVERYONE has seen this, but...

I have the same reaction every single time I watch this:

A mixture of :-o, :shock:, and :cry:.

And this one literally made my jaw drop the first time I saw it:

Lonannuniel 05-29-2011 09:20 PM

I thought this is quite cool -

apachewhitesox 05-29-2011 11:43 PM

I always thought that the horse with that bull was quite cool with its moves but I hate how the people put it in that situation. :(

IslandWave 05-29-2011 11:57 PM

Bull fighting video = :shock: Why would anyone do that willingly?!? I had no idea there was a "sport" of that. Of course the horse is great, he doesn't want to be gored.

Ah, the Reiner Klimke clip was awesome! My trainer saw him compete once and told me about his one handed tempi changes. I wish I had long legs like him. He is truly a great rider. I'll have to look up more videos of him.

kitten_Val 05-30-2011 12:03 AM

I absolutely love this horse: she's just so clearly enjoying! (yes, I know this video was posted before)...

apachewhitesox 05-30-2011 12:11 AM

Oh I didn't see the Reiner Klimke clip before thats awesome.

I have also seen the one Kittne val put up a lot of times but I never get sick of it :D

serafina 05-30-2011 02:51 AM

It's not as glammy as the other show pieces here, but it is competition, and she and the horse are undeniably a great team. The horse passed away at a young age a few years ago from colic, and the rider is the person who indirectly brought helmets into vogue for dressage. A lot of people in my local riding community know the rider.

jinxremoving 05-30-2011 09:33 AM

Canada's top show jumper, Eric Lamaze:

He makes it look so easy... :)