The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Eq Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/eq-critique-87796/)

LoveTheSaddlebreds 05-29-2011 09:53 PM

Eq Critique

I found this video from a competition earlier this year. This was when I was on an Interschool team. For those who don't know, Interschool is where you travel to other teams' barns and draw horses' names from a hat and whoever you draw, you ride. In hack classes you get 5 min of warmup and in o/f classes you get two practice jumps. In this video, I had never ridden this horse before the two warmup jumps (not shown). He was soooo big! Very sweet guy, though!

Anyway, critique me! I jump a little different now, and I used to get really nervous at these meets so I tended to ride a little defensively.

Tell me if the link doesn't work!

LoveTheSaddlebreds 05-30-2011 08:29 AM

*bump*

Kitty74 05-30-2011 11:14 PM

You look very cute and calm! Very organized. Your leg was slipping back a little over the first jump and you might want to work on not catching your horse in the mouth every stride, but since this was a new horse to you I'm not dwelling on it too much. Altogether, a nice ride.

MyBoyPuck 05-31-2011 08:03 PM

Can't see it. I'm not on facebook.

Alwaysbehind 06-01-2011 09:13 AM

You need to get your weight in your heels a little more.
Your upper body is kind of busy. It looks like you are trying to use it to make your horse go more forward at points. (Which from experience I have found does not work

You did not get the horse straight to any of the jumps. Even coming out of the line you managed to bend him in the middle and he was crooked at the out jump.

I could never do that college equestrian team thing. I give you guys tons of credit for getting on and going in and jumping around.