The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   strange question about zebras? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/strange-question-about-zebras-87801/)

Marlea Warlea 05-29-2011 10:29 PM

strange question about zebras?

Ok, this might sound stupid, but does anyone here own a zebra?

I've seen some people ask for zebra halters etc are they saying they want a zebra pattern or want a halter FOR a zebra?

Lovestory for example has a zebra avatar pic, and i was wondering if she owns them or was going to see them at a wildlife park etc

basically my real question is about owning zebras?

NorthernMama 05-29-2011 10:59 PM

I don't know what the laws are in Oz, but in Canada I don't think the average Joe would be allowed to own a zebra. We have lots of laws about non-native and exotic animal importations and ownership.

Zebras are too stupid to wear halters anyway! LOL! Seriously though, from what I have read zebras are incredibly difficult or impossible to train. Which would make sense given that they have been around civilized man for so many years, yet we have never domesticated them. Horses, oxen, pigs, dogs, camels, moose -- but no zebras.

Spastic_Dove 05-29-2011 11:05 PM

Most people are meaning zebra print halters.

Zebras would probably just wear a normal horse halter in a large horse or small draft size (they have stupidly big heads IME). That is if you could get the halter on the thing...

Tennessee 05-29-2011 11:06 PM

I guy down the road from me owns a bunch of wild animals, including zebras. I'm not sure what the laws are on that, or even how you would get your hands on one, but if I see him I'll ask.

sullylvr 05-29-2011 11:44 PM

haha well i dont know about actually owning zebras, but i came across a video on youtube a little bit ago that this is making me think of...
off to find it..
apparently theres more than i thought!!
ZebraXPony :
The original one i saw:

Marlea Warlea 05-29-2011 11:47 PM

are you sure the first one is really a half zebra lolz :)

the second one is soo cool :)

sullylvr 05-29-2011 11:50 PM

haha well there no way to tell seeing its on youtube, but its still kind of goofy/funny :)

IslandWave 05-30-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove (Post 1050416)
(they have stupidly big heads IME.)

Haha! :lol: Thanks for a good laugh!

SeeingSpots 05-30-2011 12:35 AM

Awwww. I LOVE zebras and I plan on owning one in the future ;) We took a trip to Bandara and got to meet some they are so sweet. They are like ponies really, and their personality depends on the zebra ;)

(What's with calling them stupid? Sorry just bothered me, no offense)

Marlea Warlea 05-30-2011 12:43 AM

i agree, theres no such thing as a stupid animal, we just havent found a way to get through to them :D