The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What color do your horses wear? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-color-do-your-horses-wear-87816/)

musicalmarie1 05-30-2011 12:27 AM

What color do your horses wear?

I'm on this kick about everything for a specific horse matching. Ginger wears purple and Duncan wears lime green (I have to find him a lime green blanket for winter, and a saddle pad next march). Even my dogs have specific colors (the Sheltie I have now has a maroon colored leash, collar, and bandanna and i already have a bright pink leash, collar, and bandanna for the puppy i'm getting in June).

What colors do your critters wear?

Indigosblue 05-30-2011 12:57 AM

lol i got some store credit at the local tack shop and picked up a bright lemon yellow saddle pad and matching polos... my dark bay mare looks SO cute in that color! Although now i call her a banana...lol. She also has a purple set that came with her and looks lovely. My mom's qh has matching red and orange sets (he's bay too)... he's got a fiery personality so it matches him =P I always try to choose colors that look good on my horse(s), and offset their color. I think darker horses look good in bright colors, jewel tones and the like. I love bays because they mostly look good in anything, especially the bright colors! I think my tack locker is the most colorful in the barn,lol.

tbstorm 05-30-2011 01:03 AM

hehe my quarter pony geldling is usually done up in hot pink and blue and my little mare has a matching polka dot nylon bridle, saddle pad, polos and rain sheet :P

musicalmarie1 05-30-2011 08:33 AM

Aww! I love the polka dot idea!

livestoride 05-30-2011 09:54 AM

My bay mare is in bright red with black trim. She also has a burnt orange set that looks good on her, but I like the red better. My husbanbs haflinger cross is in John deere green with yellow trim.

equiniphile 05-30-2011 12:01 PM

A few years ago I bought everything lime green for my sorrel, Arthur....halter, lead rope, saddle pad. Excel's eventing colors (he's also a sorrel) will be baby and royal blue. Molly (bay)'s gymkhana colors are lime green and hot pink. Lenox (dapple gray) is purple.

tbstorm 05-30-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicalmarie1 (Post 1050846)
Aww! I love the polka dot idea!

haha ya i should see if i have a pic anywhere, shes a blanket appy so i thought the polka dots sort of went along with her theme :P

Hidalgo13 05-30-2011 08:32 PM

I loove Coco in a nice baby blue saddle pad. She looks nice in orange too because it brings out her bay color, but I still like blue better on her. ;)

SEAmom 05-30-2011 08:53 PM

My dark grey wears hunter green. His show halter even has green beads on the noseband.
Posted via Mobile Device

MyBoyPuck 05-31-2011 07:41 PM

My dark bay wears navy and burgundy.