The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Does This Happen To Anyone Else? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/does-happen-anyone-else-87860/)

JessPintoMare 05-30-2011 05:17 PM

Does This Happen To Anyone Else?

When I ride, no matter what horse or saddle, my right knee gets not so much twisted outside, but on the inside. It happens with every saddle. But I always seem to be pushing against the stirrup with my right leg. It doesn't do it when I ride bareback, but with EVERY saddle. I have been having knee problems though, from basketball. But in both knees, not just my right one. Thanks, Jess:)

Michelle and Mr B 06-02-2011 09:52 AM

Does it change if you lenghten/shorten your stirrups?

Are you able to explain a bit more what you mean or put a picture? I don't totally understand what you are trying to describe.

mvinotime 06-02-2011 09:55 AM

I have a very similar problem. Always have as I have bad knees and one worse than the other and the ONLY thing I could find that helped me was to lengthen my stirrup. I ride with a pretty long stirrup anyway as I have very long legs (western) but I let it down a hole and it made a world of difference so I leave it there as it is comfortable. You may want to try that?

SammyD 06-05-2011 09:25 AM

Is the problem muscular or in your joints themselves? Perhaps you should go to a chiropractor or massage therapist and see if they can help.

MHFoundation Quarters 06-05-2011 10:13 AM

This may sound weird, but it's pretty common. Is one of your legs a fuzz longer than the other? I ask because mine are, if I don't ride with my left 1 hole longer, I have knee pain on that side. I have scar tissue from an old injury in that knee & if I don't ride long it acts up.
Posted via Mobile Device

JessPintoMare 06-05-2011 12:45 PM

Yes I have thought that my right leg is longer.
Posted via Mobile Device