The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   vacation planning help (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/vacation-planning-help-88124/)

farmpony84 06-02-2011 02:13 PM

vacation planning help

I want to go on vacation maybe the second week in August. I don't have a bunch of money to blow this year so I need to keep it affordable. i was thinking about driving from VA to FL and hitting things along the way. In GA I want to go to the Okafonokee swamp. Any suggestions on sites to see on the way down the road would be great and also maybe stuff to do once I get into FL. I'm thinking a day at Universal maybe...

I've done Disney and Dolphin Cove and SeaWorld, stuff like that. Now I'm looking for new and exciting.

Help please? I'm not stuck on FL. If someone has something even cooler then let me know. I like outdoors and the boys like beaches...

MHFoundation Quarters 06-02-2011 02:24 PM

Oooh, I'm going to pm you farmpony! We found a FL hidden gem last year! :)

farmpony84 06-02-2011 02:25 PM

Yeah!!!!!!!!

MHFoundation Quarters 06-02-2011 02:48 PM

I sent you a novel :D

MajesticSpirit 06-02-2011 07:58 PM

Georgia is home to one of the largest aquariums, I know I'd be going there!!! :)
Georgia Aquarium | Dolphin Show | AT&T Dolphin Tales

kitten_Val 06-03-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1054358)
Oooh, I'm going to pm you farmpony! We found a FL hidden gem last year! :)

Why wouldn't you share it with all of us? :wink:

I went to FL. Liked Sea World, Gatorland, and Big Cat Rescue the most. But I did fly, so don't have any suggestions what to look at as you drive there.

P.S. I don't have any plans for vacation what so ever. :( Wish I could go to LV!

MHFoundation Quarters 06-03-2011 05:47 PM

Lol, KV. It was a lot to type. :) Short version...We found 7 miles of quiet beach, didn't see more than 20 people at the busiest...not a lot out there about it, a teeny no cars barrier island, Little Gasparilla.
Posted via Mobile Device

kitten_Val 06-04-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1055547)
Lol, KV. It was a lot to type. :) Short version...We found 7 miles of quiet beach, didn't see more than 20 people at the busiest...not a lot out there about it, a teeny no cars barrier island, Little Gasparilla.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow! THAT is nice. What I didn't like about FL (besides it was too hot for me in April already) its very crowded unfortunately. So did you camp there or should drive every day?

MHFoundation Quarters 06-04-2011 09:48 AM

We rented a beach house on stilts from a private owner, cost 1/2 what a hotel anywhere touristy would cost & we saved big bucks not eating out! There are no stores, bars, or restaurants on the island. It was wonderful! Tooled around on a golf cart, I laid on the beach with a book while the hubby used the metal detector (he found a lot of beer caps and .83) and my daughter did lots of shell hunting. First vaca in years that I didn't come home feeling like I needed another vacation to recover!
Posted via Mobile Device

farmpony84 06-04-2011 10:02 AM

I found a beach house there that is very affordable but I'm still trying to figure out what exatly the boys want to do. Where is the Big Cat rescue?