The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Contests (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-contests/)
-   -   Take my quiz and get a prize (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-contests/take-my-quiz-get-prize-88457/)

lildonkey8 06-06-2011 09:53 PM

Take my quiz and get a prize

Some super easy, some super hard. Do the quiz and win a surprise prize
1. Why do we mount from the left instead of the right.

2. What is the word for walk, trotting, and cantering a horse in circles.

3. How many Przwalski horses are there left in the world.

4. What is the difference between eastern and western (let's see if you get it right).

5. Give me a desciptive paragraph (4 sentences) on why you love your horse.

6. A palomino is a color and a _____.

7. Who is Horse Forums arch nemises.

8. Who is the worst carrot stealer on HF.com

9. Say "Milk" 3 times, now, what do cows drink (without thinking.).

10. What do you think the prize(s) are?

Good Luck!

arashowjumper 06-07-2011 02:33 AM

1 cos in the old times they used to carry a swore and it was in the right side you know to take it out on time lol, and if u flexed your right leg to ride for the ride side it will cut your leg, so they had to ride for the left side.
2... i donno lol
3. As of a census taken in 2005, the world population of Przewalski's horses was about 1,500, all descended from 31 horses that were in captivity in 1945, mostly descended from approximately 15 captured around 1900. As of 2005, there is a free-ranging population of 248 animals in the wild
4 the eastern means english i guess and well...
western pleasure- horses head should be level, and nose in front of the vertical. the gaits should be slow and smooth, showing the correct cadence and rhythm, and should be very responsive.

english pleasure- the horse should have long floaty gaits showing the correct cadence and rhythm and be a pleasure to ride.

5. i love my horse cos he understands me, when i feel alone he is the one i go to, when i feel lonely and sad, he is the only one that can make me smile, he emans teh world to me even if other people say he doesent have the best manners he is teh reason i wake up everyday, horses were the big passion i sheared with my father.
6. breed
7. idonno
8. no idea sorry
9. water
10. a horse lol im kiddind surprise me.

i just wanted to participate i know i donno a lot and most of it isnt right lol probably but i wanted to take part on it.

lildonkey8 06-07-2011 09:22 PM

Might be better than you think...more people need to join!

Sunny 06-07-2011 10:41 PM

Hate to be a downer, but this is one of my pet peeves.... :lol:

A palomino is not a breed. It is a registry, yes, but not a breed. Like pintos. It has a registry, but it is solely based on color.

Okay, taking the rain away from the parade now. :wink:
Posted via Mobile Device

jdw 06-07-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 1059323)
Hate to be a downer, but this is one of my pet peeves.... :lol:

A palomino is not a breed. It is a registry, yes, but not a breed. Like pintos. It has a registry, but it is solely based on color.

Okay, taking the rain away from the parade now. :wink:
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have any palominos? Just wondered; I do. My Grandfather raised Palominos all of his life. Most people tend to refer to them as a breed, though "technically" you are correct. Mine is an AQHA Palomino. Many times, palominos qualify to be registered as paints, apps, and other horses of color. They are fascinating.....I hope I didnt sound like a know-it-all (I certainly am not). This is all COMPLETELY off topic of the quiz; sorry!

Sunny 06-08-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdw (Post 1059361)
Do you have any palominos? Just wondered; I do. My Grandfather raised Palominos all of his life. Most people tend to refer to them as a breed, though "technically" you are correct. Mine is an AQHA Palomino. Many times, palominos qualify to be registered as paints, apps, and other horses of color. They are fascinating.....I hope I didnt sound like a know-it-all (I certainly am not). This is all COMPLETELY off topic of the quiz; sorry!

You didn't come across as a know-it-all, at all! :D
I owned a palomino Quarab a few years ago, and I have ridden Palominos all of my life. Beautiful horses!
Posted via Mobile Device

arashowjumper 06-08-2011 12:09 AM

sorry here in mexico its considerated a color and a breed and also can be registered im sorry i didnt mean to cause confusion i was just participating

Sunny 06-08-2011 12:27 AM

Many people think it is a breed because palominos can be registered. However, the palomino registry is made of different breeds, although I believe many are QHs.
Even Fire and Ice(Arab) was registered with the palomino registry, and he isn't even an actual palomino!

This is all for the US, of course, as I don't know a thing about other country's registrations. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Marlea Warlea 06-08-2011 01:00 AM

1. Why do we mount from the left instead of the right.
It's something that started back in the knight days. Knights swords would be on their right side so they couldn't get on via the right side.

2. What is the word for walk, trotting, and cantering a horse in circles.
20 metre/ 10 metre circles

3. How many Przwalski horses are there left in the world.
600... ha ha now you all know my answer for are you smarter then a horseforumer (oops)

4. What is the difference between eastern and western (let's see if you get it right).
east is one side of the world and west is the other side :) also two kinds of horse riding
5. Give me a desciptive paragraph (4 sentences) on why you love your horse.
Horses are always there for you.
You can tell them your secrets and they won't tell anyone
You can leave the real world when on horse back :)
A horse is the best friend anyone can ever have

6. A palomino is a color and a _____.
i have KNOW idea!
7. Who is Horse Forums arch nemises.
horse grooming supplies (other horse forums)

8. Who is the worst carrot stealer on HF.com

9. Say "Milk" 3 times, now, what do cows drink (without thinking.).
water

10. What do you think the prize(s) are

edits done on gimp

Marlea Warlea 06-08-2011 01:57 AM

8. (sorry i forgot to do that) is dressage10135 (99 carrots stolen)