The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Yes! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/yes-88648/)

Gidget 06-09-2011 02:00 AM

Yes!

SO I had my lesson today with my AMAZING instructor and I rode a great big perchron(sp?)/draft cross..he was huge!I could barely get a bridle on him :shock: Anyways she said I had a really nice seat and I know how to ride but need info and direction. I told her I was a beginner but by the end of my lesson she said I was not and I was short selling myself :D:lol: She also said that I can advance to her other classes and start trotting poles and doing cavaleties as she is an eventing/dressage instructor...I am SUPER excited!

This evening my husband helped me get on Gidget in the pasture.I rode her bareback and bridless for the first time. She was slightly annoyed as she wanted to eat but it was a lot of fun and she wasn't threatening. Had a GREAT day!

tinyliny 06-09-2011 03:06 AM

good for you. It is always nice to have a shot of confidence from a teacher. congrats.

gigem88 06-09-2011 09:08 AM

Hope you have many more great lessons, congrats!

serafina 06-09-2011 11:53 AM

^^that's pretty Ol Army, there, gigem88...

Gidget - way to go! That sounds like a great time you're having. Is the draft x going to be your regular lesson horse?

Gidget 06-09-2011 05:44 PM

Nope,he is too slow.....really,really sloooooooow so I'm going to pick one that has a bit more pep to it instead of walking like a slug..she has many lesson horses and she said I can bring Gidget over for a lesson so she can meet her and see how we can fix things as I told her we need work. I am really happy though. She made my confidence go up as it was lacking. I still need to work on things. She says I perch up instead of using my seat bones so she is teaching me how to do that....I will keep this thread updated on my lessons. Maybe I can get pictures but I will ask first to make sure it's okay.

Opus 06-10-2011 10:34 PM

Congrats!

Cavaletti work is loads of fun. I mean, it's not jumping, but to have a trainer set up 4 in a row, and to feel the horse work its way through it is neat.

Gidget 06-11-2011 02:26 AM

I AM SUPER EXCITED!

On sunday we are trailering Gidget out so I can have a lesson on her and so my trainer can meet her and help me with some issues such as balance.

I'm very happy to have found a trainer that motivates me to the fulliest.

Gidget 06-12-2011 05:59 PM

Alright so Gidget and I had our first lesson together! It went decent. We did the walk and trot but she could tell that Gidget is angry. She checked and said she isn't sore or anything but just a bad attitude towards things as she wasn't trained well...she is still considered green and I am going to have to retrain her as she was trained the ol' "cowboy" way and we want her to soften and be relaxed.
My trainer has summer camps she is doing so she can't help train her untill the fall so what I am doing is I am going to board her this fall at her place so we can have 1 month of intense training and I am able to work off my board =D

serafina 06-13-2011 07:18 AM

That sounds like a terrific opportunity - that you found a good trainer, you can board and do intensive work, and work off the board. Way to go!

Gidget 06-13-2011 01:09 PM

I know,I got lucky!

I feel horrible as I was suppose to be there this mornign to work but my husband has my debit and credit and he also has his mom's credit card....our truck is a gas hog and because of health reasons I wasn't able to get my liscense but now I can so I'm slowly working on that as now I built up a fear of driving. I hope my trainer doesn't kill me. I called her to let her know.