The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Lip/Arab for sale. I need some opinions if I should buy her. (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/lip-arab-sale-i-need-some-88952/)

Ashley Day 06-13-2011 12:02 PM

Lip/Arab for sale. I need some opinions if I should buy her.

A couple of people have told me that this mare is completely upside down and needs retraining. Others say she a good responsive and respectful mare to buy. I don't know who or what to believe so I could really use some more opinions. Planning on jumping and do some more dressage. But bareback and bridleless is my thing and I want to do a lot of natural horsemanship.

Rialta Bareback + Bridleless -

Rialta Jumping -

Rialta Lip/Arab Mare FOR SALE 9,500 -

Maria and Rialta jumping bareback and bridleless -
Maria and Rialta jumping bareback and bridleless 2 -

gigem88 06-13-2011 01:11 PM

You will definitely get a lot of input here! Good confirmation is always a nice thing, but more importantly to me is how do I connect with the horse. I would rather own/ride a horse whose confirmation is lacking and 'click' with it than a horse whose has great confirmation and can't get the connection. But that's just me.

crimson88 06-13-2011 01:15 PM

Does she have half-arab papers or anything?

atreyu917 06-13-2011 01:25 PM

She looks stunning!

franknbeans 06-13-2011 01:26 PM

She is definitely cute, I am just not sure she is $9k worth of "cute". JMHO.

I have no idea how much experience you have with the bareback/bridleless thing...it is definitely nice, but it has been my experience that it is not something you can just get on and do on a horse you don;t have quite a bit of experience with. There are many very subtle cues used to get them to do all the nice things you see. I would think this was really great if the owner was going to help you learn to ride the horse. I would bet it has taken them a long time to get to this point. I can tell you I can do it with my guy, but seriously doubt anyone else can duplicate just what I do to get him to respond. It can be as subtle as clenching a butt cheek-literally. So, if you are rationalizing the price by the horses ability to ride bridleless with this rider..remember, it may not necessarily transfer!

Ashley Day 06-13-2011 02:00 PM

I totally get what your saying. And the owner has lowered the price to 6k. And I was actually thinking of maybe taking lessons from this woman and keep on with the training. I totally understand that I cant just get up on the horse do everything I see in these videos so thats why I was thinking if I got her I would stay with the trainer for a while. If it all works well I would transfer to a trainer closer to where I live. But I'm always thinking about the money issue. Tight on money but this is my chance to get a nice horse, I mean I still have to try her out and see if I like her and if we connect at all. I would probley take lessons on her for awhile. And see how it goes. Some people just keep telling me so many things.. just upsetting to me. They make it sound like I can't have any fun riding if I ever want to be good.. They say I'll have to pay A LOT of money to take lessons and get really expensive training if I don't want to screw up this horse, they say she needs retraining but I think shes stunning and responsive Again I still have to try her out to see if it even works.

Gidget 06-13-2011 02:04 PM

i like her. Her back looks a bit long but other than that I think she is darling and looks willing.

Ashley Day 06-13-2011 02:05 PM

Thanks for your feedback! I totally get what your saying. And the owner has lowered the price to 6k. And I was actually thinking of maybe taking lessons from this woman and keep on with the training. I totally understand that I cant just get up on the horse do everything I see in these videos so thats why I was thinking if I got her I would stay with the trainer for a while. If it all works well I would transfer to a trainer closer to where I live. But I'm always thinking about the money issue. Tight on money but this is my chance to get a nice horse, I mean I still have to try her out and see if I like her and if we connect at all. I would probley take lessons on her for awhile. And see how it goes. Some people just keep telling me so many things.. just upsetting to me. They make it sound like I can't have any fun riding if I ever want to be good.. They say I'll have to pay A LOT of money to take lessons and get really expensive training if I don't want to screw up this horse, they say she needs retraining but I think shes stunning and responsive Again I still have to try her out to see if it even works.

Alwaysbehind 06-13-2011 02:07 PM

To me she does not look that willing. Even bareback and bridleless the horse rings its tail and tosses its head when asked for transitions, etc.

crimson88 06-13-2011 04:40 PM

Whether her breed matters to you or not, if she doesn't have any sort of offical documentation that she truely is an arab x lip, I would be a little skeptical. Honestly, to me I see some arab but don't really see any Lippizan in her. She moves and looks like an average horse, IMO. If I had to take a guess at what her breeding was, I would say arab x Quarter x TB. But that is just what I see.

The only reason that I really brought this up, is that I often see grade horses that sort of look like a "special" breed and being wayyy overpriced even if they are decently trained, just because the seller says they are an Andalusion or something when it's really just a mustang with no kind of documentation.

If you are fine paying her asking price and the breed doesn't really matter to you to begin with, then that's totally alright ^.^