The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   I need ideas (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/i-need-ideas-88989/)

Horsel02 06-13-2011 07:11 PM

I need ideas

I do the trail riding programs through APHA and PINTO association. I have earned a couple of patches from each program. I am wondering what I could put them on to display them. I am very proud of what I have done with my horse. I would something I either wear or I could put on my horse when I ride. I live in Florida so most of the time jackets are out of the question. I would appreciate some help. Please and thank you. :D

Ron14737 06-13-2011 08:59 PM

How about using something like a sash that the Boy or Girls Scouts use to display their patches?

Horsel02 06-13-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron14737 (Post 1064225)
How about using something like a sash that the Boy or Girls Scouts use to display their patches?

I like that idea. I had not even thought about that. Thank you.

DraftyAiresMum 06-14-2011 04:04 AM

Couple ideas...

A vest with pockets, similar to this Black Ranger Vest Many Pockets [65-11] - $27.99 : Perret’s Army Surplus, military surplus, army supply, army navy surplus Military Surplus and Outdoor Store The pockets would come in handy on trail rides and there's plenty of space for patches. It may not be the height of fashion, but who said trail riding was about winning fashion contests?! And frankly, I'll take functionality over fashion ANY day.

Or, depending on what kind of saddle you ride in, you could sew them onto your saddle pad/blanket.

I would suggest sewing them onto a nice brimmed hat like this Cabela's: Outdoor Research Helios Sun Hat or even a plain tan ball cap, if you don't wear a helmet. If you wear a helmet and get (or have) a plain Lycra helmet cover, you could sew them onto the helmet cover.

Horsel02 06-14-2011 07:33 AM

I really like the vest idea. Thank you.

Teamroper 06-15-2011 10:50 AM

You could make a saddle blanket that has longer sides in the back to put them on