The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I Sold All My Horses :( (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-sold-all-my-horses-89052/)

Hrsegirl 06-14-2011 11:44 AM

I Sold All My Horses :(

Soooo sad to say, my boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago. So I had to sell all of my horses :(

They all went to the same home, and it's a good home. They're super nice people. I just am really sad that I had to sell them all. I had to sell them because they were at his boss's farm. It's a sad deal, but now we are working on getting back together. I won't have a horse for quite some time, but that's ok.

:(

LetAGrlShowU 06-14-2011 12:15 PM

Well I dont know what to say about the horses as you alerady sold them. But if my ex was the reason i had to give up my beloved pets, pshh, he'd be gone too. There would be no taking him back until he made right what he wronged.

Dusty1228 06-14-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetAGrlShowU (Post 1064844)
Well I dont know what to say about the horses as you alerady sold them. But if my ex was the reason i had to give up my beloved pets, pshh, he'd be gone too. There would be no taking him back until he made right what he wronged.

I have to agree. If my current love (We've been together 13 years.) in any way jeopardized my horse, he'd be gone. I've only had the horse for 7 months, and strangely, my BF is not in the least bit bitter that I would react this way.
Not trying to offend when I say, this is the a prime example of why, especially as a woman, you have to be completely self reliant. If you're not, even relying on people you love, can be dangerous. They got ya by the short hairs, not to sound like a raging feminist. ;)

I wouldn't get back together with him for ONE reason, and that is because, even when you break up with someone, a mature adult can realize, yes, I do still love this person and not want to leave lasting scars, no matter how angry.
So, if he made you sell your horses, just because you broke up, that doesn't sound like love to me. Or not a mature lasting kind anyhow. He's taken a part of you that cannot be replaced. Even if you got back together and you bought all your horses back if that were possible. How long til next time?
Ok, rant over, I promise. I just put myself in that situation and it made me see red for a moment.

Speed Racer 06-14-2011 12:31 PM

Never be dependent on someone else to finance your passions. If you can't afford them on your own, then you need to wait until you can. Otherwise, this is the perfect example of what can happen when someone else pays your way.

Alwaysbehind 06-14-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1064858)
Never be dependent on someone else to finance your passions. If you can't afford them on your own, then you need to wait until you can. Otherwise, this is the perfect example of what can happen when someone else pays your way.

That is what I was thinking too!

Sorry you had to rehome your horses but it sounds like it was the right thing to do for now.

Beauseant 06-14-2011 01:14 PM

Oh.....:?

Well, it's good that u are taking it so well.

HorseinJ 06-16-2011 09:04 PM

The OP is being very nice about it all it seems. I can understand why you had to do what you had to do..and maybe next time the outcome will be a better one.

Hrsegirl 06-17-2011 12:08 AM

Yes I am actually taking it very well. They aren't very far away, and the people who bought them said I am more than welcome to come see them. I didn't sell them because he didn't like them, I sold them because I didn't have a place to keep them anymore. I also needed to sell them because I wouldnt be able to see them as much because I had to move.

AlexS 06-17-2011 12:28 AM

Sorry you had to sell your horses. But think long and hard about going to back to someone who would make you sell them rather than paying board til you found somewhere else you could keep them.

pctrider 06-17-2011 01:50 AM

Sorry you had to sell all of them. Good to hear you found a close home.