The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Rother

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Doe 
#1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have been to a Steve Rother clinic and what your experience was?

I'm debating wether I should put all that money into it as I watched one of his Dvd's and he just seems to be taking the seven games and giving them different names like calling driving game 'air pressure' and porcupine 'physical pressure' it might be helpful but my Mare and I are up working on level 3 Parelli and have a very solid level 2 so it's not that I don't think I could learn something but for all that money it would have to be something pretty revolutionary to be worth it and not just reiterating what we already do everyday. Also is there anything in his method that contradicts that love, language, leadership idea? Because I'm on the gentler side of things and even Parelli can be too harsh for my style like the phase 4 yoyo game or 'bumping' the lead rope not a fan and preffer to apply pressure to chest than the pressure points on face. I noticed in Steve's Dvd he actually yanked in stead of bumping the lead while doing yoyo. :( Is there anything else like this in his program?

While I do accomplish the tasks in the Parelli program I use a gentler method more like Klaus Hempfling so if Steve uses any of Hempflings type method I would love to know about it!

#2 ·
I know nothing of Steve Rother, however if you are looking for less aggressive or pressured methods then there is Carolyn Resnick. KFH is great but it's not a system really. It's more about a presence, so it's very difficult to 'teach' especially if not 1-1. Similar to Nevzorov in some respects though opposite poles in other areas.
I also find that the KFH approach is most close to perfect, however it works better and faster with totally unknown horses than with a horse who you have had for some time. I found it much easier to find my way with horses I had never worked with before than my own horse who had gone through 4 levels of NH with me.
A lot of this is because the 'healing' as he puts it happens in literally minutes if not seconds with a new horse, because you have no baggage together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.