The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Equine Chiropractor- Alabama (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/equine-chiropractor-alabama-89104/)

ArabianAllie 06-15-2011 01:08 AM

Equine Chiropractor- Alabama

Looking for an equine chiropractor in west central Alabama (Tuscaloosa area)... no such luck on my part, but figure someone might know something! If not I'll just call and ask the vet, I've never really seen/heard of him doing chiropractic work, but maybe he does.... probably not with my luck...:shock:.. I couldn't decide where to put this thread so please forgive/correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

walkinthewalk 06-15-2011 07:30 AM

If you have any event and/or race horse training barns around, you could check with them.

My chiro is in the Nolensville, TN area and I THINK goes as far as Huntsville on occasion. I know Tuscaloosa is further and it would probably cost a lot to get her there, if she would even travel that far.

My horses have had equine chiropractors for 18+ years and this woman is the best I've ever written a check to. She is a DVM who took the hollistic route and also does acupuncture.

If the big money training barns in your area can't recommend someone, PM me with your e-mail address and I will forward it to her:-)

ArabianAllie 06-15-2011 12:17 PM

I'm from Huntsville! If only I were not in college... one more year..... there is a show jumping barn, but they are kind of snobby. University of Alabama started an equestrian team last year, maybe I'll ask their president if she knows anyone.

Sunny 06-15-2011 12:58 PM

I just moved from Tuscaloosa to Montgomery last month. I've lived in Tuscaloosa all my life and never seen a chiro OR saddle fitter!

It is a LOT more horsey where I live now. I believe there is a flyer on the BB at my barn for a chiro.... I'll look today and see if I can find it!
Posted via Mobile Device

ArabianAllie 06-15-2011 01:14 PM

Yeah, I've never seen a saddle fitter either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 1066058)
I just moved from Tuscaloosa to Montgomery last month. I've lived in Tuscaloosa all my life and never seen a chiro OR saddle fitter!

It is a LOT more horsey where I live now. I believe there is a flyer on the BB at my barn for a chiro.... I'll look today and see if I can find it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device