The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Website critique? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/website-critique-89225/)

ilovemyPhillip 06-16-2011 07:15 PM

Website critique?

Home - -Laural Lake Farm- Home to meat goats, trail horses, hunter ponies, and so much more...

Pull it apart, please? Thanks!

Hasufel 06-16-2011 11:14 PM

I really like it!! It looks good overall in my opinion. I would maybe make the font bigger, and add more pictures. I always love pictures. :) I looks great though!

Chiilaa 06-17-2011 04:40 AM

The website itself appears to be good. Adequate for what you want, but nothing spectacular either. It does the job.

Some of the photos seem a tad unprofessional. The kid for sale seems to be standing in a pile of manure, which attracted the eye a lot quicker than the goat lol.

In the links, I would group the links by topic. Horses, goats, horses and goats.

You say you offer beginner lessons, but have no mention of the facilities that you offer these lessons in. Pictures would also be good.

I would change Phillip's breed. Everyone is going to call you out on it, with good reason. He isn't a pure Arabian, he can't possibly be. You need to list him as a cross, even though that is doubtful too. I know you think that has little to do with your website, but this is your professional online presence, you need to come across as honest and educated.

ilovemyPhillip 06-17-2011 04:01 PM

I thought I changed his breed, maybe not on his link. I will fix that right away.

As for selling the goat - I know I need pictures of her. She's 9 weeks old now and those were probably taken at 4/5 weeks old. Thank you everyone. Anymore comments?

ilovemyPhillip 06-17-2011 04:03 PM

Oh, she isn't standing in poop. She's standing on a tree stump.