The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   URGENT- Arabian Mare in PA Kill Lot Needs Rescuing Now! $325 (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/urgent-arabian-mare-pa-kill-lot-89348/)

FarmBums 06-18-2011 01:47 PM

URGENT- Arabian Mare in PA Kill Lot Needs Rescuing Now! $325

Urgent!

Roan Mare, looks to be Arabian or cross. Thin, but beautiful. Gentle and sweet. Good ground manners. History is unknown as of now, not known if she is broke to ride.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/another...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/another...n/photostream/

She is in a Kill Lot in PA and is waiting to be shipped to slaughter if not rescued! Please help by donating, offer a home, or spread the word on her! She is in danger of being shipped anytime. Please go to AC4H.com under in broker page for more information. BrokerOwnedProgram - You can also Facebook "Another Chance 4 Horses".

"6-13-16 - Roan mare no history we did in hand video good ground manners and quiet."

Please contact AC4H.com to help save this mare! They have many others to save also!

Requires $25.00 donation, vetting funds (around $110) and placement form BO Agreement.
(You can fundraise for her if interested in giving her a home or you can donate to help her.)

Golden Horse 06-18-2011 05:09 PM

Just saying folks, it may be worth just running a Google Search for AC4H, I've heard some disturbing stories recently.

Just do your research and make up your own minds about who to help.

FarmBums 06-18-2011 05:49 PM

Yes do your research. I have seen the horses they help save and if it was not for them hundreds of horses would be slaughtered. So why would you want this horse sent to slaughtered because you "heard" bad things? Please if that were the case no one would like anyone. Anyway let.s forget about ourselves and think about this horses life. Thank you.

Golden Horse 06-18-2011 06:11 PM

OK, to be more explicit, there has been a huge debate on other boards about the ethics of AC4H, about how donations work, about the profits that are being made out of 'rescue' fees for horses in a brokers lots.

I personally have not had any dealings with this group, all I'm saying is that people need to check things out and make up their own mind, about the whole thing.

Do I WANT this mare to go for slaughter , well no I don't but if anyone wants to save a horse from slaughter they can go to their nearest auction and pick up a horse in need from $50 up. I paid $200 for my 'meat horse'

The one thing that North America is not short of is horses in need, and although this particular group are heard of a lot, it isn't the only group who rescue, this isn't the only kill auction, this isn't the only mare who needs a second chance

FarmBums 06-18-2011 06:21 PM

Well thank you for your help. Thanks for giving this mare a chance. And thanks for all the links to horses in need from these other sources you speak of. Obviously you are helping more horses with your phenomenal information and I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for all of your time and energy. These two posts you made are bound to save horses. You are a great person.

cfralic 06-18-2011 07:10 PM

Nothing Golden Horse said was particularly rude towards you.

A variety of opinions are expected to be heard on an online forum. Some you may disagree with on a personal level. It's still the world wide web and there's a whole bunch of people on here who might enjoy hearing the input of people like Golden Horse - it is definitely a good idea to check into which rescues you are dealing with.

Your cause is good, FarmBums, but your attitude isn't.

JustDressageIt 06-18-2011 07:14 PM

I'll confirm with GH that I've heard very "iffy" ethics about this group as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

FarmBums 06-18-2011 07:38 PM

I am not trying to be rude, my heart just goes out to this mare and this is her last chance! I have dealt with them and I have seen thehorses saved.they have helped save hundreds of horses from slaughter. They are open with what they do. There need to be more people out there doing what they do but it is very hard work but very well worth it. Please let's help get this mare saved, she is a beauty just needs some groceries!

lacyloo 06-18-2011 08:22 PM

To bad horse meat isn't cheaper than beef.

Golden Horse 06-18-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmBums (Post 1069078)
Well thank you for your help. Thanks for giving this mare a chance. And thanks for all the links to horses in need from these other sources you speak of. Obviously you are helping more horses with your phenomenal information and I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for all of your time and energy. These two posts you made are bound to save horses. You are a great person.

What I am is a realist, when you see horses that go for under $300 through the meat ring being sold for over $1000 a day or two later you know someone is doing well out of the business.

I am neither a great person or a bad person, I have taken in 3 horses now from my local meat auction, 1 I lost, one I re sold and one is still with me, so I do my bit quietly for rescues.

You don't know how many people you speak for, I am NOT saying don't give this mare a chance, I'm not telling anyone not to adopt her, all I'm saying is do your homework first. If all is fine, then there is no issue with people checking is there??

I am not posting dozens of links for horses for rescue, as I say would rather people went to their local auctions and saved the ones who don't hit the headlines, they are just as needy.

I really hope this mare gets the 2nd chance that she needs, I would love it if every horse that deserved a chance was given it, but I also would rather not support the whole business of 'Mare in kill pen needs rescuing NOW'