The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Nutrition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/)
-   -   Good Nutrition website (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/good-nutrition-website-89404/)

Sophie19 06-18-2011 11:57 PM

Good Nutrition website

I was researching horse nutrition and I found this site.

Horse Nutrition Explained

I thought it was pretty informative so I figured I would share.

SaddleDragon 06-19-2011 07:38 AM

Thank you, what a great site!

Peggysue 06-21-2011 08:52 AM

That is my Sassy in the upper left hand corner. Michelle spent ALOT of hours of research for that site and is as down to earth as can be. Like many of us she got frusterated when her horse turned up IR and there were no EASY to understand nutrition site.

gigem88 06-21-2011 08:54 AM

I'll have to check it out, thanx.

SaddleDragon 06-21-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggysue (Post 1071736)
That is my Sassy in the upper left hand corner. Michelle spent ALOT of hours of research for that site and is as down to earth as can be. Like many of us she got frusterated when her horse turned up IR and there were no EASY to understand nutrition site.

Well tell her, Thank You!:clap:

Less than 2 years ago I was feeding the dreaded sweet feed. I knew no better and that what everyone else I knew was feeding. More for the thin ones, less for the fatties.

Then the forums came into my life....soo much to learn. And this was a big thing for me. Still learning, but its hard to find a good site that explains things simply enough for me. This one does. Ive cross posted this thread a few times.

My horses have been on a rb and alfalfa pellets for about 6 months and I couldnt more pleased. They all look great, even the hard keeper. I used to think dapples were a genetic thing, and I only had one with them. I was wrong!:D Both my bays and the chestnut are heavily dappled and are so sleek. Even after they roll they still shine and look almost show ready. Best part, MUCH cheaper. Much less to feed, no more added vitamin suppliments, no more cocosoya...its just 2 kinds of pellets. And the horses LOVE it, they dig past the alfalfa to get to the rb.

Kymbadina 06-21-2011 11:00 AM

I LOVE that website. I was getting frustrated with my gelding and trying to find a feed that worked for him without making him hot. He was on a pleasure feed then strategy then the feed everyone at my barn uses. Finally switched him to Group n win and couldn't be happier.
That site also helped me through the winter months to supplement his flakes of hay with alfalfa pellets and beet pulp! I'm so thankful for that site!
Posted via Mobile Device

dirtymartini 06-24-2011 10:13 AM

Thank you for sharing that website! i bookmarked it so I can really study it later. I am VERY confused about nutrition/feed!