The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Jim Wofford's coming to EA this year! (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/jim-woffords-coming-ea-year-89434/)

MyBoyPuck 06-19-2011 12:28 PM

Jim Wofford's coming to EA this year!

For anyone within driving distance of their local Equine Affaire events, Jim Wofford's doing the eventing clinics this year! I've never seen him, and my friend's going to apply to ride, so I'm really psyched!

MIEventer 06-19-2011 12:29 PM

That is AWESOME!!! Totally jealous over here! Make sure you get TONS of pics!!

MyBoyPuck 06-19-2011 12:31 PM

Aren't you in Ohio? Isn't that one of the other places that hosts EA?

MyBoyPuck 06-19-2011 12:52 PM

Wow, the states are large over there! I mapquested MI to OH. That's a 4 hour hike at least! You can get through most of New England in that time frame. Disregard my last post. At $4 a gallon, that would be a $100 trip for you. Sadly, we're not supposed to take pics or video at EA.

Strange 06-22-2011 09:01 PM

Wait, why can't you take pictures or video? That sounds completely opposite the point of going to a clinic. You go to a clinic to learn new things and in turn share those with others so that they too can learn.

MyBoyPuck 06-22-2011 09:08 PM

No at Equine Affair, they are very strict about that. We only have to pay $14 for an entire day of shopping at endless equine booths and all the top class clinicians we can get to. I'm not about to break the rules!!

wetrain17 06-23-2011 10:38 AM

Make sure your friend brings a crop with him/her! He's big on having crops when riding. Also make sure your friend has tough skin. I've never attended a JW clinic where someone didn't fall off or didn't cry....Tell your friend to get plenty of practice jumping before hand. I've set up multiple courses for him. He loves to make it very challenging.

FoxyRoxy1507 06-23-2011 11:59 AM

ive been to one of his clinics and hes awesome

MIEventer 06-23-2011 12:08 PM

Yeah MBP, that's quite a drive for me! I got to walk the Rolex Course with him some years ago, he is very educational, and he is who he is for a reason. To us Eventers, he's to us as who GM is to Hunters.

You're very lucky MBP! I can't wait to hear about your experience!

MyBoyPuck 06-23-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetrain17 (Post 1074057)
Make sure your friend brings a crop with him/her! He's big on having crops when riding. Also make sure your friend has tough skin. I've never attended a JW clinic where someone didn't fall off or didn't cry....Tell your friend to get plenty of practice jumping before hand. I've set up multiple courses for him. He loves to make it very challenging.

She's ridden with him before. She's an advanced level eventer so she can take it! I just hope she gets in. Everyone who wants to ride has to submit a video to be considered. Hopefully JW's straight forward approach scares off some riders and she gets in.