The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   Is she bay? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/she-bay-89557/)

thatgirlcaitlin 06-20-2011 10:57 PM

Is she bay?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Paddy is shedding out and I'm not sure if she's a bay or if she'll be considered something else? She's got a little bit of black on the bottom of her legs. Here's a picture I took of her today, is she considered a bay?

Equilove 06-21-2011 12:11 AM

Looks like wild bay to me? But don't take my word for it! She's cute :)

NdAppy 06-21-2011 12:18 AM

Normal bay IMO. Shes only, what, three months old correct? Betting her legs darken up more.

thatgirlcaitlin 06-21-2011 12:20 AM

Yup, only 3 months. I was wondering if they could still darken up. I wasn't sure if they would. I was hoping she'd be a bay and it looks like I may have gotten what I wanted!

thatgirlcaitlin 06-21-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilove (Post 1071447)
Looks like wild bay to me? But don't take my word for it! She's cute :)

Thanks! I think she's pretty cute but then again, she is my horse. haha

Fiinx 06-21-2011 01:14 AM

Im not sure. She has really unique coloring lol Like there is some white in her tail...and white socks. Is that mud on her legs?

Indigosblue 06-21-2011 01:53 AM

to me a bay has black legs, tail, mane, tip of ears and nose. I think your horse does not really have any of those... maybe a bit darker legs. However it's always hard to tell with young horses. She's very beautiful either way =)

Chiilaa 06-21-2011 04:15 AM

Indigo bays are generally born with a creamy buff colour where the black usually is on an adult horse. It sheds in darker with every shed until they are their adult colour.

thatgirlcaitlin 06-21-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiinx (Post 1071523)
Im not sure. She has really unique coloring lol Like there is some white in her tail...and white socks. Is that mud on her legs?

It's not mud. I thought that at first too, but she has black hairs on the lower legs.

thatgirlcaitlin 06-21-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indigosblue (Post 1071556)
to me a bay has black legs, tail, mane, tip of ears and nose. I think your horse does not really have any of those... maybe a bit darker legs. However it's always hard to tell with young horses. She's very beautiful either way =)

Thank you!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0