The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Blue Valentine Driftwood Connection Annual Production Sale August 13, 2011 (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/blue-valentine-driftwood-connection-annual-production-89610/)

CRRoans 06-21-2011 12:18 PM

Blue Valentine Driftwood Connection Annual Production Sale August 13, 2011

http://www.bluevalentinedriftwoodcon...e_8x10-500.jpg
If you're looking for a quality horse and would like a nice selection at one location, take a look at the Blue Valentine Driftwood Connection's Second Annual Sale. The sale is August 13th, but August 12th will have a demonstration by Purina's clinician, Jody Cunningham, riding this horse and a TX barbeque dinner for registered bidders.

There should be right at 100 head of AQHA registered horses from the ranch horse bloodlines of Blue Valentine and Driftwood offered from a full range of age, gender, and 25 to 30 riding horses from lightly started to well trained.

If interested in their full color catalog, phone 479-997-8842 or email: info@bluevalentinedriftwoodconnection.com and provide your mailing address.

CRRoans 07-05-2011 08:56 AM

Catalog online

The 2011 FULL COLOR sale catalog is online at Blue Valentine Driftwood Connection Annual Production Sale Horses

Lots of nice horses!:D

CRRoans 07-22-2011 01:09 PM

More photos and YouTube video on the website, now!

pinkyshot 07-23-2011 06:13 PM

How much do those horses usually go for?

CRRoans 07-25-2011 06:25 PM

Prices have quite a bit of variation, since it's an auction and depends on whether there's a bidding war. Sale prices ranged from $500 to $11,000, last year. Last year's riding horses were mostly young, very green stock. This year, the riding horses are more seasoned with more age, experience and exposure to a variety of tasks.

DVAuction will be providing absentee bidding through real-time online bids or proxy bidding. My personal preference is the proxy method. Since DVAuction represents their own clients, all proxy bids are completely confidential. This process allows a prospective buyer to give a set amount to DVAuction that the bidder is willing to spend on a specific horse. Then, DVAuction's representative will bid on the horse up to the limit (proxy) given. It's recommended to avoid the more common thresholds if proxy bidding.

Thanks for asking!

xilikeggs0 07-26-2011 02:45 PM

Is it just me or are a lot of the horses in the catalog built downhill?

ilovemyPhillip 07-27-2011 08:40 PM

Ugh! I don't think I can go! How much do they weanling usually go for?

CRRoans 07-29-2011 10:30 PM

@xilikeggs0--same as any group of horses, there will be some that run downhill or uphill or completely level. Since I've seen most of the horses in person, my immediate response was, "no." Yet, I can understand your comment since our photos in the catalog are taken in a variety of footing, it does not always accurately represent the horse as if it were photographed on a flat, level surface. If you're interested in any of the horses, I'm happy to help identify if their conformation is suitable to your needs or not.

@ilovemyPhillip--Awww! We would love to have you. The weanlings sold for $500 to $6,000 last year. I would say most sold for around $1,000. There are some really nice babies this year.

ilovemyPhillip 07-29-2011 10:36 PM

Man! :( This a yearly sale? If so I will plan for next year.

CRRoans 07-30-2011 09:51 AM

Yes, it's an annual sale. You should make the trip sometime. :-)