The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new job maybe :D

3K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  kickshaw 
#1 ·
OMG!!! im so excited :D:D:D:D:D

ok calming down to tell the story...calmly lol
so today my boss tells me she has to cut my hours because its just been so quiet lately and money is really tight. i understand this so i wasnt too upset. i also still have a couple of days a week there so its not like i have no work. however, i would still have to find a second ob to help bridge the gap now. and seeing as i got my level o (first level instructor qualifications) just recently i thought i might see if i could get myself a job at a riding centre or something so i started ringing around. the very first one i called was wattle creek riding school and i had a nice talk with the lady there. she sounded positive that they would be able to give me some work yay

this is the place
http://www.wattlecreekridingschool.com.au/intro.htm

i have to email the lady all my details but she said she will at least get me out there to see what i can do :) yaaay so excited *does a little happy dance* :D

#8 ·
thanks guys :) i got an email back from the owner last night saying how she is keen to talk about our working together and that from what i have told her of myself i would be a 'great fit' with the team at the centre. she is going to call me today to organise a time for me to get out there and meet her and see how we go.

it sounds really positive though :D its a really nice place. ive driven past it a few times and always thought it looked lovely.

so now i have to wait nervously for goodness knows what time she'll ring me lol will let you know what happens :D

#16 ·
jazzyrider said:
wouldnt it be :) you have that great long fight and stay in quarantine for 6 weeks for a 1 hour lesson lol it better one damn good lesson :lol: :lol:

That too funny ! :lol: Good Luck!

#17 ·
thanks dumas :)

i havent heard anything yet. when i didnt hear anything i rang again and she girl who answered the phone said she was at the doctor with her daughter so im assuming she got busy and ran out of time...i hope lol nah im not too stressed as she replied very quickly and positively to me the other day.

#19 ·
YAY!!!! about 3 seconds after i hit submit on the last post my phone rang and it was her :D i have to go at 4pm on monday to meet with her but she said i sound perfect for what she is looking for. not too old not too young, the exact amount of hours a week she was looking for someone for and ive had the experience taking trails and doing beginner lessons which she said is a hard thing to find. her words were 'you sound like a complete package' :D:D:D

she also asked me if i was willling to compete on some of their good horses and i said yes but that i need some work lol she said she would explain more to me on monday.

so yeah, it seems as long as we like each other ive got myself a job.

#21 ·
thanks darylann :)

ive always kicked myself for leaving the equestrian centre i used to work at but now i feel ive been given a second chance :) mush muhs i know ;)

sooo excited i cant wait til monday :D

#23 ·
well i just got back from the interview and i got the job but, and get this, i have to ring her back and tell her whether or not I want the job. lol its funny but she said she is happy with me and she wants me to be sure i want the job because she likes the people she hires to stick around. fair enough i guess :)

so yeah im going to wait like half an hour and email her to tell her i want the job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.