The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Which One To Give? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/one-give-89839/)

Phantomcolt18 06-23-2011 10:29 PM

Which One To Give?

So my friend lost his horse earlier this month and I decided to make him a video of them together.

I can't decide which one I like better:
--The one with the words
--The one without the words
--Or do you think I should do one with words that just emphasize the key words?

Please let me know, I'll be giving him the final copy on Saturday.

With words:

Without words:

Thanks in advance.

writer23 06-23-2011 10:40 PM

I like the no words one better but they're both great! Geez, that's sad. Very kind of you to make a video for him.

gaelgirl 06-23-2011 10:56 PM

I agree, no words. Both are excellent, though. Very nice work, and very sweet of you to do this for him.

Phantomcolt18 06-23-2011 11:16 PM

Thanks guys. I just felt so bad. He trained her from nothing. From what I know she was practically one step above wild when he started working with her when she was 6. She was only 12 when she left this world. The only thing I can say is that she went doing what she loved. The poor girl was running to a barrel and out of nowhere her back leg snapped. It was so sudden and EVERYONE in our riding club was affected. They had made their way onto the fastest times for poles and barrels trophies a total of NINE times. They were truely an amazing pair to watch. And Trick made everything look so effortless. I feel so bad for him and I had a few pictures and videos laying around of them so I thought why not make him a memorial of Trick. I hope he enjoys it. We're all going to miss Trick, some more than others but I know for a fact that our whole club was in mourning when they found out.

I'm still on the fence. I like the one without words but I feel it is too plain. But the one with words is too much.

RIP Tricky you are very well missed =( Go chase Peanut and Brandie around some barrels will ya, I'm sure they'd be honored to run with you.

Phantomcolt18 06-24-2011 11:36 AM

Friendly Bump. I'm still not sure....maybe I can give the one without the words and print out the words for him?

Dusty1228 06-24-2011 11:50 AM

I think that both are great, But I would go with the one with no words, but maybe put a credit at the end. Something like, 'RIP Trick, You Will Be Missed.' IF you want. They are your videos and are great just the way they are. They are also a precious gesture and I'm sure he will appreciate either one. Very sweet of you to make these for him!

iridehorses 06-24-2011 12:09 PM

No words for me either. I thought the words took away from the pictures.

kitten_Val 06-24-2011 12:09 PM

I like both so no advice from me. Sorry for his loss though!

Phantomcolt18 06-24-2011 12:13 PM

Okay thanks guys I think I am definately going to do the one without the words. I'm going to print out the words for when I give the video to him though. I just love them and they send chills down my spine whenever I hear them. Thanks for your help guys.

RIP Tricky....A truly amazing horse with a rider to match.