The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Does this mean she loves me? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/does-mean-she-loves-me-89891/)

JessPintoMare 06-24-2011 02:29 PM

Does this mean she loves me?

My horse Destiny is duh a sweetheart! She's 8 and I've had her since she was 3. When I go up to her dry lot that she shares with my pony. She always walks straight up to me and demands attention. So I get her out and tack up then go for a ride. Anyways, I always tie her up in front of the house so I can go get a drink. When I come out I always yell "Hey Destiny girl!" she whinnies and neighs when she sees me. And when she's in with the other horses and I holler at her she does the same thing. Does it mean she loves me?

kitten_Val 06-24-2011 02:46 PM

I think so. Even though some people don't believe it horses CAN love (although their "love" is different from human emotion, of course :wink: ). And it's NOT because of the food or treats.

Speed Racer 06-24-2011 02:47 PM

It's not human love, but it's certainly affection.

As Kitten stated, horses do love, but don't confuse it with human type love.

JessPintoMare 06-24-2011 02:53 PM

Ya I love her to death. She's my baby girl:) she's the best.

Vidaloco 06-24-2011 03:42 PM

Mine love me when I feed them :lol: Vida my older mare who I love dearly could care less if I was there or not. Her daughter Saro is the same as your Destiny. She follows me around and comes running when I go outside. I never give her treats so I know its not that. She just likes me. I love them both but Vida will always be my main love, even though she's indifferent.

tinyliny 06-24-2011 03:55 PM

That is really sweet. She obviously enjoys your company. That is love, horsey style.

kitten_Val 06-24-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1075326)
horses do love, but don't confuse it with human type love.

Hey, SR, my paint kisses me right in lips all the time. She LOVES doing it. Do you think it's comparable? :lol:

Speed Racer 06-24-2011 04:29 PM

Only if she French kisses you, Kitten. :wink:

kitten_Val 06-24-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1075437)
Only if she French kisses you, Kitten. :wink:

You embarrassed me.... :oops: :rofl: Oh, boy, not that far yet... She hugs me too, BTW. OK, OK, I'm done here....

Speed Racer 06-24-2011 04:39 PM

JJ hugs me too, but it's only for a nefarious purpose; to bite my butt! :-x

I guess it's just so big, round, and tempting he can't help himself, but there's nothing like thinking your horse is hugging you because he wants to be affectionate, and then you get a bite on your bum! :evil: