The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Pictures (/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Trail ride in Niagara! (

musicalmarie1 06-24-2011 02:51 PM

Trail ride in Niagara!
5 Attachment(s)
My husband and I got married a week and a half ago. We drove from Georgia, USA to Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada for our honeymoon. My favorite part of the whole trip was getting to go on a trail ride. I was only mildly excited about it until I saw the horses we were going to be riding-- they were all HUGE compared to my 15.2 horse!

Then they pulled out a draft horse. I crossed my fingers and hoped I'd get to ride him! (He's the second from the left in the picture below).

They asked if there were any experienced riders, and me and my husband were the only ones who had ever ridden before in our group. Sure enough, I got to ride the draft! He was an ex- carriage horse, and needed to have a crop since he didn't always listen to leg cues. I was so excited!!!! I'd always wanted to ride a draft horse! Later in the trail ride, we stopped for a photo op.

My horse's name was Caesar, and my husband's was Percy.

It was so much fun trotting around on that huge horse! I loved looking down and seeing his giant hooves. I've been bitten by the draft bug! I want one!!

apachewhitesox 06-24-2011 11:17 PM

wow he is beautiful. Jealous!! :D

drafts4ever 06-24-2011 11:51 PM

awww he's so pretty! That looks like a lot of fun. I was bitten by the draft bug so I bought two.

MsKibibi 06-25-2011 01:26 AM

Congrats on getting married. This looks like fun!

SMCLeenie 06-25-2011 01:34 AM

Looks like a great time!

serafina 06-25-2011 09:14 AM

Congratulations on the marriage! I hope you two have many, many happy and healthy years together!

The horses look terrific - I was in Niagara (ON) last summer, had a great time, but I didn't know there were trail rides...I would definitely have wanted one!