The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Totally disgusted...but turned out well I suppose! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/totally-disgusted-but-turned-out-well-8996/)

Lc Performance Horses 05-15-2008 07:06 PM

Totally disgusted...but turned out well I suppose!

Let me just rant...then tell you the good news..lol.. :twisted: :evil: :x A so called...but no more..a freind of mine has totally disgusted me to a point where i could hang her by her toe nails and let the birds peck her eyeballs out!!! She had a 17h beautiful tb mare, decided drinking and being an idiot (baring in mind she is 38 years old) is more important than this stunning mare...HOW COULD SHE!!!! :twisted: :evil: :x
However...I have taken her from her and am now the new proud owner of Hattie my 17h tb bay mare!!! She is the sweetest mare i have ever had the pleasure to own and i am sooo proud of her. Getting myself a mini herd, gotta build another stable now lol!!! I am going to compete her for the next 2-3 years and then put her to a hanovarian stallion, then we can have a nice comp horse to raise. My babies get brought across from the yard they are at now in about 3 weeks, and i cant wait to have them closer to home. I am soooo happy to have Hattie. Will put picts on when got a photo bucket. :D

geewillikers 05-15-2008 07:18 PM

Oh my, let me tell you- I am dealing with the same thing, however my friend is 48, has two kids and THREE horses (paint, TWH, and a 6 yr old Spotted Saddle horse) and has been on a 6 month binger (drugs and alcohol), is not coming home, and has left the responsibility of three horses to her 9 year old, her husband, and I (Willy is there too- moving him SOON) - now, I understand the need to party- I can do it like the best of them- but C'MON!!!! Feel bad for the horses....we take great care of them, but they don't get out like they should, and the baby horse is in need of further training. All three are great. They need a companion to love them.

I can't wait to get away from there even though it is an awesome set up, a great family (9 year old Taj is one in a million), and I love those horses. Been caring for them for years part time in exchange for board, and for the past 6 months, entirely.

Lc Performance Horses 05-15-2008 07:30 PM

Yeah we all like to party, but theres a limit. Its not a nice situation to be in, but she will not get hattie back now, she is turned over to me legally, I just hate it so i understand fully what your going through and its so unfair. Suppose both of us are just soft huh!! lol. But at the end of the day the horses are cared for...because we make sure of it! I am very happy to have her, just find it so unfair to do that to her, she didnt deserve it. And neither do the ones your caring for, its a sad situation that isnt it. :(

Vidaloco 05-16-2008 06:13 AM

I'm glad to hear you have taken the responsibility for Hattie. I'm sure I'm like just about everyone else and used to party with the best of them, but after awhile you have to grow up and leave that stuff behind. Especially when its someone like geewillieers friend who has the added responsibility of children. Maybe I'm a prude but I have a hard time with people like that. I have my share of addictions but drugs and alcohol arent one of them. I prefer to keep it to horses and chocolate :lol:
Anyhoo, bless you both for taking care of the horses.

Lc Performance Horses 05-16-2008 07:16 AM

Thank you, and i agree, i smoke, have the occasional drink,...very occasional for that matter, and i love candy!! But, my horses get fed before we do. What i dont understand is how someone can be more interested in something that will make you feel ill the next day, we go on pub rides, have a glass of wine at the local country pub, but never would i put alcohol before my horses. It doesnt make sence. :?:

Vidaloco 05-16-2008 08:57 AM

Well put, I think thats why I semi-quit drinking. I just couldn't see the logic in having fun one day and totally missing the next because of a hang-over :lol: I enjoy a nice cold beer on a really hot summer day, a bloody mary with brunch or wine with dinner. but one or two is my limit. I see people quite often with a 6 pack of beer in their saddle bags. I just don't think I could stay on the horse with all that giggling around in my belly :lol:

Dumas'_Grrrl 05-16-2008 09:30 AM

I didn't really think this happend this much. Part of the reason we got our horses is because they we not being cared for like they should have been. When gpa don passed away his son (my hubby's friend) inherited them and partying was his main concern. My husband works for a feed company and would take feed to the horses when he could. (sometimes when people order grain like 12 tons of custom blend it makes more than 12 tons.) Bill would take the extra to the horses.(free) We eventually traded an old pickup for the horses and gave them a good home.
I have done more than I will EVER admit to my kids yet we have managed to pull ourselves together. I do understand getting down but I cant understand STAYING down.
Our saddle club broke up over booze. Some wanted to make it so you could not drink at all. Problem is that some of the old timers and people that were raised at the saddle club on saturday nites ALWAYS had a beer in their hand and don't want to change that. The new members tried to compromise and say that you could drink but only out of a cup. It was a disaster :roll: everyone just quit participating and now the arena sits grown over and un used. sad really.

Vidaloco 05-16-2008 11:03 AM

That really is too bad Dumas, about the saddle club. I don't think the subject has ever come up with our club. There are usually a few that break out the beer after a ride. I'm not the type to **** someone for it. As long as they sober up before they jump in the truck and pull the horses home, and don't throw the cans along the trail. :evil:

PoptartShop 05-16-2008 11:22 AM

Wow, that's terrible!
I'm glad you took her in, that's awesome. :D
I know I'm only 16, but kids my age do that stuff- it's horrible. I don't smoke or drink [never have] & I don't consider that as 'fun'.

Lc Performance Horses 05-16-2008 04:36 PM

Yeah i dont see it as fun. Shame about the saddle club too!! Horses are there to be appreciated and cared for and nothing else will do in my eyes...mine are my life lol!!