The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Can someone help me pinpoint my horse's lameness? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/can-someone-help-me-pinpoint-my-90004/)

Two To Tango 06-25-2011 08:57 PM

Can someone help me pinpoint my horse's lameness?

Please ignore my crappy riding. I didn't notice she was lame when I was riding her. \:
I watched the video and she looked kind of weird to me, but I really can't tell and I see fake lameness all the time. Then someone on here pointed out she was off. I haven't got an agreement on where she's lame at and I was wondering if you can help me tell what leg she was lame on? 'Cause I really can't tell. \:

Thanks everybody! :)

maura 06-25-2011 09:51 PM

Left hind. Looks to be stifle or hip. Not horrible, head bobbing lame, but definitely lame. But please don't beat yourself up about not seeing or feeling it, this type of lameness is subtle.

You're not doing her any favors by riding in that small of an area; tight turns and circles will make it more pronounced.

Two To Tango 06-25-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maura (Post 1076586)
Left hind. Looks to be stifle or hip. Not horrible, head bobbing lame, but definitely lame. But please don't beat yourself up about not seeing or feeling it, this type of lameness is subtle.

You're not doing her any favors by riding in that small of an area; tight turns and circles will make it more pronounced.

marua: Thank you. :)

franknbeans 06-25-2011 09:59 PM

Agree, and "fake lameness" No such thing. Horses cannot "fake" it. If they are lame, there is something bothering them.

Two To Tango 06-25-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 1076600)
Agree, and "fake lameness" No such thing. Horses cannot "fake" it. If they are lame, there is something bothering them.

Fake lameness = I think they're lame, being paranoid, and have them checked out and it turns out they're just fine. :L

maura 06-25-2011 10:11 PM

Two,

What that most likely means is that they genuinely took a couple of bad steps, for whatever reason, and you couldn't reproduce it when the vet was there.

Believe, all horsepeople know about the lameness that spontaneously heals when the vet's truck pulls up in the driveway.