The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hi from Sunny Queensland Australia. (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-sunny-queensland-australia-90096/)

Natt 06-27-2011 05:40 AM

Hi from Sunny Queensland Australia.

2 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a first time horse owner and long time horse lover.
I kinda threw myself in the deep end with my boys. They were both rescues.

Archie was my first big baby. He is ex riding school and was on deaths door when he was found. A wonderful family rescued him and he was forwarded on to me a little while later. Archie has the most wonderful temperament and is willing to do anything. I only do light riding with him and we are slowly building up his top line now. The vet says he is about 24-25. He is such a gentleman and I now couldn't imagine my life without him. Archie is a Quarter Horse Gelding.

My second horse is Jacky Boy. He is the most placid TB and is my gentle giant. he stands at 16hh. his whither is a lil taller than i am. (I'm a short ass)
Jack I found on an add online(kinda like craiglist) He cost me $200. He was covered in scabs and was so skinny. The day I picked him up he was covered in sweat and smelled like he had been ridden hard before they let him go.
I got him home and bathed him straight up and set to work treating his Itch. The people I got him off came up with a half a dozen different excuses why he was skinny and covered in sores. ( he was allergic to barley, Cant afford to feed 2 horses, ect ect)
Jack was originally brought to be Archies paddock companion, but is a much loved member of the family and is so quiet under saddle. Jack is an ex polo horse. The vet says he is about 19.

My boys now know what its like to be spoiled rotten. They get hard fed twice a day, groomed twice a day and light riding 3-4 times a week. Their feet get done every 6 weeks and they have 8 acres that they get to free roam in 24-7.
These pics are not up to date. I do have more recent ones just not in the multi format.

I hope I have not raved on too much.

Oh and the boys share their paddocks with my sisters Standedbred mare Joanie. Who may or may not be pregnant. She brought her 3 weeks ago and after we got her home found out that she has been running with a small stallion (Shetland). She has gotten very round since getting here. The vet will be out in the next week or so two to see her.

apachewhitesox 06-27-2011 05:46 AM

Hi I am also from Queensland Australia, there is a few of us on here somewhere hehe. Good job with your horses. They both look like lovely boys. :D Oh and welcome.

RedTree 06-27-2011 06:29 AM

Welcome, I'm from the other side of Australia :D Proud West Aussie lol

Looks like you did great with both of your boys :)
Congrats on them, can't wait to see more update to photos

andimax 06-27-2011 12:16 PM

This is awesome! your boys seem awesome! your a great person to give these horses a great home!