The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   R.I.P. Sable (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/r-i-p-sable-90115/)

tbstorm 06-27-2011 01:20 PM

R.I.P. Sable

My dearest Sable passed two weeks ago from old age, he made it to 25 years old and im very happy for him. He didnt die painfully or anything else which puts peace in my heart because this old boy has been very sick more then once. He had severe arthritus and i had to retire him from riding last year. He loved riding, he just wasnt the same once i retired him. My cousin passed away last month also and she absolutely adored him, so i hope they will keep eachother company and now that they're both in heaven she can ride him and love him and they will both run free.

Sable was the first horse that was really mine, my family rescued him from an auction eleven years ago. I got him three years ago when my best friend passed away. He filled part of the hole that she left. He was my best friend for all the years that i knew him and our bond became tighter and unbreakable when he became mine. We competed in gymkhanas mostly and games days, but our favorite thing to do was take long trail rides, go swimming or take sunset rides.

He will be missed by everyone a great deal but i know in my heart that he will be happy and will run pain free. When i think of all the fun times we had together it puts a smile on my face, like the time i fell asleep in his stall and he ate my hair... boy was i mad when i woke up and had a bob :-P he was such a ham too, getting into trouble or just being a total goof.

So Sable i will love you forever boy, thank you for being there for me when i was down or just needed someone to talk to. I hope now you will run pain free and can be your old self again!

R.I.P. Sable, the 14.2 hand bay, with the long face <3

SkyeAngel 06-28-2011 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
tbstorm,

Firstly, I would like to say how sorry I am for your loss. Believe me, I know how painful it is to lose a horse, especially just after you have lost a family member too (I have a sweet mare named Skye waiting for me - my grandpa is taking care of her). You sound like you are being very brave and level headed, and for that I congratulate you.
I am so glad that Sable passed naturally and peacefully, it sounds just the way to go. He sounds like he was a real character, and a very sweet horse. I hope that you can cherish your memories with him, and be happy to have loved him, not sad to have lost him. From your post, I think that is exactly what you will do.

Secondly, I want to give you something. You posted a long time ago on a request thread I had. I did not have time for all my requests and the thread died down, but I did keep working on the pictures, and I am going to attach yours to this post. I don't mean for this to make you sad, I am hoping that it can be a nice reminder of happy memories. I think the two of you look happy to be together. I hope you like it.

My thoughts are with you,

Skyeangel x

Eragonrocks1 06-28-2011 11:46 AM

I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and I am sincerly sorry about what happened. It sounds like Sable was a great horse. He deserved a long life.

tbstorm 06-28-2011 11:48 AM

thank you so much, you dont know how happy that made me. I have another drawing from a lady on here also and i printed it off on card paper and framed it in my bedroom. Im going to do the exact same with this one. I think i can be brave knowing that he went peacefully, to me that means it was his turn to go and he got the fullest out of his life. We very much cherish all the memories of him, my family and i sat down and wrote out all the memories we could remember(we do this for every death).

but thank you so much skye, you brought a big smile to my face this morning!

goldilockz 06-28-2011 11:48 AM

I'm so sorry, hon. But I'm happy that he went peacefully. It's all any of us can ask for! Now he's up in the big pasture in the sky with no arthritis pain, running like a wild mustang <3

tbstorm 06-28-2011 11:49 AM

thank you eragon, he was one of the best and he lived a long and happy life with us!

tbstorm 06-28-2011 11:51 AM

thank you goldi, i can just seeing him being himself again now, the biggest ham i've ever met.

lildonkey8 06-28-2011 12:05 PM

Sable was a GREAT boy. You loved him. Death can't tear you apart, as long as you have love, he's by your side. So sorry for you loss. Hugs from all of WA.:hug:

tbstorm 06-28-2011 12:06 PM

thank you lildonkey, you too put a smile on my face! im hugging back from canada!!

lildonkey8 06-28-2011 02:36 PM

Ohhh, your so nice! I just smiled BIG!