The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Latest show; Critique please? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/latest-show%3B-critique-please-90189/)

Bugs Bunny 06-28-2011 04:49 AM

Latest show; Critique please?

So me and Bunny just returned from our first show together :D

Our placings:

W/T English Equitation - 1st
W/T English Pleasure - 1st
W/T English Pleasure Open - 1st
English Country Pleasure Open - 2nd
W/T Hunter Hack Open - 3rd

Then we got high point for the day :-) (which was freaking hilarious because this was only my 3rd show and I didn't really know what high point was, so when they called my name I went up there like "What the heck?" haha!)

I'd really like a critique from the few pictures I got :-)

http://i54.tinypic.com/v4nzua.jpg

My seat looks off to me here, but I can't put my finger on it. Ideas?

http://i51.tinypic.com/2r4pnpf.jpg

I know, HORRIBLE angle. Sorry guys :?

I have other pictures, but my laptop doesn't want to cooperate. That's what happens with a 5 y/o computer I suppose :oops:

Thanks in advance!

apachewhitesox 06-28-2011 05:25 AM

The only thing I could put it down to is your arms and your hands maybe.

Bugs Bunny 06-28-2011 05:33 AM

Thanks Apache! :-) I know, my arms are horrible. Gotta learn to make a better angle with them! :D

TKButtermilk 06-28-2011 05:43 AM

Heyy isn't that LVR/Walnut Grove Park? I ride there ALL the time!
Posted via Mobile Device

waresbear 06-28-2011 05:56 AM

Congrats on your placings, very well done! The first picture, your legs are fine and seat is ok but you've hollowed out your back a little. Your elbows could be back a bit more and posting between them with your chest out just a little further, but that's being nitpicky. Your overall picture is good.

Bugs Bunny 06-28-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKButtermilk (Post 1079161)
Heyy isn't that LVR/Walnut Grove Park? I ride there ALL the time!
Posted via Mobile Device

Indeed it is! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 1079169)
Congrats on your placings, very well done! The first picture, your legs are fine and seat is ok but you've hollowed out your back a little. Your elbows could be back a bit more and posting between them with your chest out just a little further, but that's being nitpicky. Your overall picture is good.

Thank you :lol:

My elbows always slide up, done it since day one! I also tend to round my shoulders a bit, gotta love hunt coats for hiding that a bit :wink:

Thanks for the critique!

ErikaLynn 06-28-2011 10:08 AM

Great job on the getting the highest points for the day!

What I see is that your toes are pointed too far out, and you can bring your lower leg just a tad more forward to get them underneath you better. I also think you should open up your shoulders more, bend your elbows and carry your hands.

I'm just going to nip pick real quick...I think your tall boots are too short for you, they should come up to your knee. Also you really should be wearing gloves.

Other than that...you look great, and you have a beautiful horse. You complement each other very nicely.

haleylvsshammy 06-28-2011 05:02 PM

Congrats on getting High Point! My first show I got high point and I was like you, I had no idea what it was! haha I think earning it is the best way to find out what it is!

Bugs Bunny 06-28-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikaLynn (Post 1079304)
Great job on the getting the highest points for the day!

What I see is that your toes are pointed too far out, and you can bring your lower leg just a tad more forward to get them underneath you better. I also think you should open up your shoulders more, bend your elbows and carry your hands.

I'm just going to nip pick real quick...I think your tall boots are too short for you, they should come up to your knee. Also you really should be wearing gloves.

Other than that...you look great, and you have a beautiful horse. You complement each other very nicely.

I do own gloves, and was planning on wearing them that day, but the gremlin who likes to steal socks somehow got to my gloves the day of the show! :roll: We still haven't found them!

Thanks for the critique, my instructor says ever since I've started jumping my seat has been getting more forward and more forward :-P Really bad habit, but it was so much worse before!

Haha, yeah, about my tall boots :D Those are my half chaps that are 3 years old (I got them when I was 10) and are WAY too small for me. We're so broke we really haven't gotten around to buying new ones. So I think skinny when I wear them :rofl:

Thank you so much! Your critique was SUPER helpful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by haleylvsshammy (Post 1079900)
Congrats on getting High Point! My first show I got high point and I was like you, I had no idea what it was! haha I think earning it is the best way to find out what it is!

Thank you :D Yeah, I was so confused. They were putting the sash on me as soon as I walked up there and my dad was like, "Did she just win a pageant or something?". :rofl:

Bugs Bunny 06-29-2011 10:12 AM

And by the way, I am open to critiques on Bunny (the horse) as well! :-) Rip us both apart :thumbsup: