The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Encouraging suicide via the internet. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/encouraging-suicide-via-internet-90285/)

Spyder 06-29-2011 12:01 AM

Encouraging suicide via the internet.

There was a program on tonight about this person.

William Melchert-Dinkel: Minnesota Nurse Suspected Of Encouraging Suicides

The reason I am posting is that for the vulnerable out there ( usually teens) that if you ever become aware of anyone being counseled to do this...please talk to the authorities.

A knack for horses 06-29-2011 12:05 AM

Some people are sick. I can't imagine the pain his victims families are feeling; especially since he isn't going to court.

Spyder 06-29-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A knack for horses (Post 1080317)
Some people are sick. I can't imagine the pain his victims families are feeling; especially since he isn't going to court.

The good thing is in the program on tonight they say that the authorities have charged him and he will be having his day in court.

So the update is good.

But so many unwary people out there and I am sure he isn't the only one doing this.

I remember one story where a bunch of people hounded one depressed person to kill themselves over a chat line and he did in fact commit suicide.:-(

A knack for horses 06-29-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 1080331)
The good thing is in the program on tonight they say that the authorities have charged him and he will be having his day in court.

So the update is good.

Thats good to hear. Those people deserve justice, and I hope he goes to jail for a Looooonnnng time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 1080331)
But so many unwary people out there and I am sure he isn't the only one doing this.

I remember one story where a bunch of people hounded one depressed person to kill themselves over a chat line and he did in fact commit suicide.:-(

Sadly Spyder, I'm sure your right. :-( With all the cyber bullying out there, I'm sure there are hundreds (if not thousands) of unessecary suicides that happen. Not saying any suicide is necessecary, but still...

corinowalk 06-29-2011 12:30 AM

How very sad.

apachewhitesox 06-29-2011 12:31 AM

That is ridiculous I can't believe someone would do something like that. Well I can I suppose with the way the world is but I don't want to.

Spyder 06-29-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apachewhitesox (Post 1080359)
That is ridiculous I can't believe someone would do something like that. Well I can I suppose with the way the world is but I don't want to.

These are predators of the worst kind.

And teenagers are the most vulnerable. So I am posting this so one little corner of the net will be aware that predators do always come knocking at your front door, but through a screen where you should feel safe.

apachewhitesox 06-29-2011 12:48 AM

Yes and I hope he gets the punishment he deserves, I also hope more get discovered.

kitten_Val 06-29-2011 11:26 PM

I think this case was like couple years back, right? There were several other cases since that too. I just read about woman couple weeks back.

It's sick, simply sick. Such people should be behind the bars (either jail or mental hospital).

TaMMa89 06-30-2011 05:21 PM

I think it's sad and sick.

I agree that especially teenagres are vulnerable to that since they're already going through vulnerable age. Tho in many cases, I believe, there are also other bullying and for example for bullies at school it can be one channel more to bully. And then there are sick people like that out there. What would really be motives behind that?