The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Boys will be boys, whatever their species (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/boys-will-boys-whatever-their-species-90291/)

Golden Horse 06-29-2011 12:25 AM

Boys will be boys, whatever their species

When the vet was here gelding the boys he left a twitch here, beautifully made, looks like an heirloom, so when I found it I thought I better take it back.

When I got there, the vet is out but the receptionist and the assistant, who wasn't at the farm call were. They asked how the boys were doing, I explained that Prince, one of the yearlings had a lot of swelling and if it doesn't settle I would be hauling him over there to be looked at. Then they asked how the 4 month old, that will be Stewie, was doing. Told them he is doing real well, he has healed quicker and cleaner than the yearlings, probably because the incisions were smaller.

They both burst out laughing and said that Ron (the vet) had been telling everyone how big he was for his age, I replied "Yes he is tall" they laughed even more and said no, he is a big boy down below.....:lol: must be notable before the vet was impressed.

Then when we got home, I went and checked Prince, and he is even more swollen, I've been trying to hose him but he was getting in such a state I was worried he would hurt himself more. I gave him a shot of Ace and then tried to hose him, still fighting like anything. I then managed to rig up an area with panels so I could tie him and contain him, then got the hose again. Having failed several times at the approach and retreat, apart from finding out that he loves drinking from the hose, I thought I would just go straight for the problem area.

So woosh in there with the hose, and get the expected reaction to start with, followed literally in seconds by a visible AHHH moment. He suddenly realized that it felt goooood, and happily stood there and let me hose him for 20 mins.

Boys are the same all over, no matter how often you tell them that it's a good idea and it will make them feel better, they are such whimps about being doctored:rofl:

corinowalk 06-29-2011 12:27 AM

Too funny! Boys will be boys!

apachewhitesox 06-29-2011 12:28 AM

Haha that is funny, would have been good to watch lol

tbstorm 06-29-2011 01:09 AM

haha too funny!!!

Golden Horse 06-29-2011 02:25 AM

Had to laugh about Stewie, seeing as he was called Daisy for 24 hours, given his lack of any visible boy parts:lol::lol:

paintluver 06-29-2011 02:39 AM

Bahaha the Stewie story is great! Boys are so silly

atreyu917 06-29-2011 02:50 AM

Poor Stewie! Hope they're all recovered and back to themselves soon!!!!

Golden Horse 06-29-2011 12:09 PM

Stewie and Alfie are doing great, it's just Prince whi is having trouble