The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   cutting bred QHs? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/cutting-bred-qhs-90407/)

huggingchester 06-30-2011 12:19 AM

cutting bred QHs?

I'm looking to buy a weanling. this lady is selling cutting bred babies, well i wanna do english halter and western pleasure, should i just keep looking or look at them?

nrhareiner 06-30-2011 12:28 AM

Depends on her definition of cutting bred. If they are truly cutting bred and you want to show at anything past an open show then yes keep looking.

huggingchester 06-30-2011 12:35 AM

They aré zippo rebel, LM makin cash, caan classic , LM cold as ice, dash 4 cash breeding LM cold as ice is one of the dams

DrumRunner 06-30-2011 12:56 AM

Zippo Rebel is a horse that is bred for halter/western please. If you're wanting to look into a nice horse for halter and pleasure classes I would look at her foals first and check out her foal's sires. Check the sire's pedigree too and see what he may bring to the table in his line.

LM Makin Cash and Dash for Cash are running bred horses..Barrel racers look for those bloodlines...

LM Cold As Ice doesn't have any bloodlines that really stand out. And I can't find anything about Caan Classic.

It wouldn't hurt to look but those aren't cutting bred horses. if you do decide to check out the foals your best bet would to look at the Zippo Rebel foals and go from there.

Good Luck!! I hope it works out for you!

huggingchester 06-30-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumRunner (Post 1081704)
Zippo Rebel is a horse that is bred for halter/western please. If you're wanting to look into a nice horse for halter and pleasure classes I would look at her foals first and check out her foal's sires. Check the sire's pedigree too and see what he may bring to the table in his line.

LM Makin Cash and Dash for Cash are running bred horses..Barrel racers look for those bloodlines...

LM Cold As Ice doesn't have any bloodlines that really stand out. And I can't find anything about Caan Classic.

It wouldn't hurt to look but those aren't cutting bred horses. if you do decide to check out the foals your best bet would to look at the Zippo Rebel foals and go from there.

Good Luck!! I hope it works out for you!

thank you

nrhareiner 06-30-2011 10:07 AM

Things is that is not a cutting bred QH. Not by a long shot.

Take a look at the horses and see what they look like. How they move. Based on Pedigree they might work.

huggingchester 06-30-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 1081885)

Take a look at the horses and see what they look like. How they move. Based on Pedigree they might work.

ok :-) they are like 2-3 months old and already muscled and sorrels =]

DrumRunner 06-30-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 1081885)

Exactly.