The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Kentucky! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-kentucky-90592/)

littleamy76 07-02-2011 10:22 AM

Hello from Kentucky!

Hello to all my fellow horse lovers. I've been browsing this forum for the past several days and decided to join in. I'm here in Louisville Kentucky not far from Churchill Downs. I'm not a horse owner yet, still just a dream that hopefully will come true soon. I've loved horses ever since I can remember. It has been years since I last rode a horse. Having a family kind of set things back as far as being around horses. Now that my kids are a little older (I think my 8 year old daughter has caught my horse fever!) I'm trying to get back into it. She reminds me of me when I was her age, begging for a horse. I would loooove to get a horse for each of us, but struggling with finances, buying a horse is a little out of the question now. All I can do now is learn as much as I can, plan things out, and network with others. Anyways, I've been impressed by reading a lot of posts on here. It's great that there are internet communities out there for us horse lovers to share our wealth of knowledge. Who knew that each horse are unique in their own special way.

Reiterin 07-02-2011 08:43 PM

welcome to the forum. I hope you get to realize your dream someday.

Cat 07-02-2011 09:03 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'm also in KY but a bit south from you.

DRC 07-10-2011 10:21 AM

Welcome! You two sound like me. Loved horses my whole life, around them on my Grandma's farm when I was a young'un. Had a family, now with my youngest 7, I'm finally getting my own horse and moving to some acreage this coming weekend!
Hopefully you will get your chance. I'm very excited and a little anxious/nervous.
Great forum for information though. That's always a good start!