Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Old Lease - Leasing Horse

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which would you perfer?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  my2geldings 
#1 ·
The barn owner just changed her leasing rules, and now none of the girls are happy about it, but I can't figure out why because I personally like the new rules better than the old ones.

New rule - Leasing Time: You are leasing time...NOT a horse...you can ride for as much as you want, when you want, and whatever horse you want (as long as you've ridden that horse in a lesson...to make sure you can handle that horse). First come, first serve...if two people want to ride one horse...whomever gets their first has the right to ride him/her

Old rule - Horse leasing: You are leasing the actual horse. You can go up to ride whenever, but you are only allowed to ride that horse (you can ride others, but you have to pay to ride a different horse). Only you can ride that horse, unless the barn owner needs that horse for a lesson.

Which one would you perfer and why?

Personally I like the Leasing Time one...that way you can spend all day riding, instead of having to get off when that horse is tired.
Also a horse can turn up lame for no reason...so you won't have to worry about not being able to ride because the horse you lease is lame.

See less See more
#2 ·
The new lease sounds good to me! It would totally suck if you leased a horse and someone messed up the horse during a lesson (accident/fall/etc.) and then you went to have a nice ride and your horse was outta commision.

#4 ·
i think it depends on what the person wants. I know some people will lease a horse and be the only one riding it, so if something were to happen to the horse, it would be their fault (obviously if the horse hurt itself, it wouldn't be their fault)

The leasing time would be good for people who wanted to ride as many horses as they wanted to.

How does the new lease work? I know when you lease a horse, you have to pay for board and vet/farrier costs. If you're no longer leasing an actual horse, how do they have to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.