The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   My horse Bloodline (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/my-horse-bloodline-90665/)

CommaJam 07-02-2011 10:46 PM

My horse Bloodline

I know absolutely nothing about Paint and QH bloodlines. I'd like to have some help and infos on the bloodlines shown in my mare's paper.

The dam : Laruade Pennylane Paint

The sire : Shameles Sonny Dee Paint

I'm about to register her, and I'm trying to figure out which "bloodline" I should use in her name (if I'm using one).

nrhareiner 07-02-2011 11:16 PM

Non of them. If you can not use anything from the sire or dam then do not use any names from the pedigree. One my pet peeves is people who use names from a horses pedigree that are more then 1 maybe 2 generations back. I tend to like name horses on their own merits.

CommaJam 07-02-2011 11:42 PM

That's what I thought, I was planning on using "sonny dee" since it's her sire's name. Apparently it's a halter champion or something and she has a very nice conformation so it was fitting...I think!

I didn't want to use the "pennylane" part because it's too confusing, where I live Penny Lane is a relatively well known jumper horse.

I'm still interested in knowing what are the other's name known for (if they're known for something that is!)

Horserider33 08-09-2011 01:15 AM

i see Bar, Pine, an Peppy lines on moms side. on the dads side i saw Skip, Impressive, Bar, and Sonny Dee Bar lines. all of these i recognize well. these are mostly western performance horses. also a little halter too. based on breeding you should have a very nice western horse with a pretty good mind on her. a big one here is Sonny Dee Bar. he was a GREAT halter/ performance sire. dont underestimate the value of your horse. if she has a good mind her some people would love to have that breeding especially on both sides.

most of this i speak from experience of owning a few horses with similar bloodlines and knowing someone who has had many great horses from the same bloodlines